Doorbell Pro setup connectivity issues

I read many solutions on Reddit and here on Wyze forum, but can’t get it to work.

Here’s what I submitted to support:

door bell pro not connecting to wifi during setup.

So, I even pulled out an older (4 year old TrendNet AC3200 wifi router) that will enable a separate SSID for the 2.4ghz signal and tried to connect to that instead of my Netgear Orbi Wifi 6.

I also tried with my Pixel 6 wifi off, just using cellular while setting up the doorbell pro, and that wouldn’t work either.

Yes, I’m sure that the password is correct.
Yes, I power cycled the router.
Yes, the router can reach the internet.

I’m following the app (yes up to date ver 2.30.0.130 on Android ver12 April 5, 2022) and reset the chime, and select the wifi, and then it just spins and says Can’t Connect. Try entering your password again.

So, my phone sees the doorbell during setup (via bluetooth) and pairs. The chime goes from yellow blinking status light to blue blinking while it is trying to connect to the wifi, then when it fails as indicated in the app, the status goes back to (blinking?) yellow.

This happened with our Wyze vacuum and had to get a new one. Hopefully there’s an easier solution.

1 Like

The Doorbell Pro does not connect to WiFi, it actually connects to the Chime. The Chime connects to WiFi via 2.4 or 5 Ghz. The first thing is to connect the Chime followed by the Doorbell after the chime has been connected.

Here is a guide: https://support.wyze.com/hc/en-us/articles/4408406769051-Wyze-Video-Doorbell-Pro-Setup-Guide

Ok, technically.
I am following the in app instructions.

Ok. So is the chime connected? Is the light yellow or blue?

Thanks. The chime starts as blinking yellow, then I put in the wifi password and click next, the chime status light turns blinking blue. It goes for 60+ seconds, then fails.

2 Likes

If you are up for it, I would restart as you have been playing with it for a period of time. So I would reset the devices and then try again.

I’ve been factory resetting my new Wyze Video Doorbell Pro all day long in an attempt to set it up but it is the same result every single time. This happens on both iOS and Android across both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz only wifi networks. To me it seems abundantly clear that either authentication to the Wyze Cloud service is repeatedly failing for some reason or the cloud service itself just cannot be reached. After looking through so many forum posts I’ve concluded that the technical team behind Wyze is not set up for success.

I have many Wyze devices and my take is this is not uncommon with new products.

I’m at the same place with my Doorbell Pro. Always able to quickly hook up Wyze devices, but after two hours I’m giving up.
Attempted the chat, but the bot kept asking questions about the cam V3 and giving me random support articles for various devices. Maybe the chat bot is based on products owned and I’ll have to wait for it to realize I purchased a doorbell?
I’ll start again tomorrow and give it a few more days of frustration before returning it.

I’m in the same boat. Several weeks ago, the Doorbell Pro was fine. The other day, blue light on the chime was flashing. No biggie, I thought - I’ll just reinstall.

Two or three hours later, I’m still wasting my weekend on it. Same as you: reset numerous times, moved closer to router, internet OK, router OK, etc. But in the end, simply won’t connect to the cloud.

About ready to give up and buy something reliable, even tho this doorbell is essentially new.

Edit: Shutting off the router’s 5GHz bands did the trick (i.e. only had 2.4GHz turned on). I’m an RF electrical engineer and this is a PIA for me. I feel sorry for people that aren’t so technically inclined.

Edit 2: That was short lived. Flashy blue light on chime again.
Edit 3: Solid blue light of chime…AND now it’s flashing again. ugh.

1 Like

UPDATE: It was a defective unit. Wyze sent a new one to me which hooked immediately. Has been working well since.

I’m having a similar issue with a newly purchased video doorbell pro but it fails when searching for the doorbell on the initial setup. I contacted support and they walked through the steps from the setup document. Then all they said was “you may be eligible for a wyze giftcard”. What kind of support is that when they want you to subscribe to their home security service. I have a lot of wyze products and this is by far the worst experience that i have had.

1 Like

I realize this is an old thread, but … since it is close to mmy situation, I thought I’d give it a try.

I live in an apt. bldg that is a “Spectrum Community”
that means I don’t own or have access to the router equipment.
It does support both 2.4Ghz and 5.0 Ghz.
A neighbor has the same unit - Video Doorbell Pro - and it works fine, so apparently it is possible.

Rough time line of attempts to install ( I have tried multiple times):

With chime unplugged and doorbell turned off:
I follow the app’s instructions
Reset chime
I notice it says “Bluetooth connected” but the doorbell does NOT appear in the list of devices
Several times I turned off BT on my iphone just to see what would happen…
When I do the Wyze App. prompts to Turn on BT
and then displays: wyzeFFFFFFFF connected but there is no blue circle w/ “I” in it
Says Ready to connect
Start connecting …yellow light goes out on chime fails
Fails to connect to Wyze cloude and States: Ensure your doorbell is close by
Try again same result
Eventually chime goes back to “ready to connect” and flashing yellow

Any thoughts appreciated

I was having beer with a buddy last night …
He had the same experience with his new Pro…

He got busy and ignored it for a week,
then tried again and was able to set it up without issue…

I don’t get it … :neutral_face:

I’ve also spent hours trying to get the pro connected. Was working fine then stopped. Contacted support who went through their manual in which I had already done it all 100 times. Sent me a new one and this one doesn’t connect either
Come on Wyze, you can do so much better.

I’m having connectivity issues as well. Showed as offline. Tried resetting several times. Factory reset several times (it doesnt ask for wifi creds after factory reset?). Removed from account and now I can’t add it again. Gets, stuck on pairing with your devices and goes no further. Light on chime is flashing orange. Camera unit is sensing motion. Can here it clicking. But will not go past pairing with your devices and add to account. The doorbell works as a stand alone doorbell, press the button and the chime rings.
Should I buy a new chime?
Really fed up with this…

1 Like

I’m familiar with holding in the button on the side of the chime to reset it…

I’ve searched but can’t locate any data…

Is there a way to reset the doorbell/camera piece of the setup?

Was told by support today that it’s a “known issue…” :sob:

1 Like

@Eldrick above (August 6th) described my situation perfectly. EXACTLY the same issue here. Up until a couple days ago I could at least pair the two, but they wouldn’t communicate. Now I can’t even pair the two.

Update: I saw in another camera post that folks with Pixel phones were having more trouble than others and since I have a Pixel 6 I tried setting it up with an iPad instead of my phone. This time the setup process asked for wifi information and paired the chime and the doorbell cam, but every attempt to view fails out at Step 2 of 3 Authentication. Gives error code 200005. So some progress was made, but no resolution found.

1 Like

Well it’s a known issue, right?
Haha…

1 Like