Wyze Doorbell Won't Connect to Chime

Wyze fanboy here but boy am I frustrated with this one recent product release from Wyze. The doorbell will not connect to the chime. My first came from Amazon. Spent a few hours trying everything to get it to connect. Sent it back. Went to Home Depot. Same issue.

Anyway have a solution? Wyze is going to lose lots of customers over this if they don’t fix!

I am having same problem.

OK. Fixed. I sent the problem to Support and they gave me the following instructions and they worked! My chime now works as expected. I had previously tried re-starting doorbell several times, but by following the below steps, it did in fact fix the problem. I did not have to do step 5… the first 4 fixed it. See below:

Thank you for reaching out to the Wyze Wizards team. My name is Donna and I’ll be happy to help.
We’re so sorry to hear that your Wyze Doorbell is experiencing some issues connecting. Here are some tips to see if we can get to connect:

## 1. Make sure you have the latest app version

Check for the latest version of the Wyze app using the process outlined here.

## 2. Power cycle the doorbell

To power cycle your Wyze Wired Doorbell, flip the breaker power the doorbell to its “Off” position, wait 10 full seconds, then flip the breaker switch back to the “On” position.

## 3. Power cycle your network

Unplug your router for 10 full seconds, then plug it back in. This will reboot the network and clear up any potential channel congestion that may be causing trouble for the doorbell.

## 4. Factory reset the doorbell

1. Press in on the doorbell while also pushing it up to remove it from the back plate. This exposes the back wiring and setup button.
2. Press and hold the setup button until the status light turns solid yellow.
3. Once the light turns solid yellow, release the setup button and wait for the light to begin flashing again.
4. From there, set the doorbell up again as if it were a new device. For setup instructions, follow the steps outlined here.

## 5. Run RouteThis Helps and contact live support

Failing all else, run RouteThis Helps to test your WiFi and reply back with the test ID.

If this did not resolve your issue, I do apologize. To continue troubleshooting simply reply to this email with any additional information so that we can further assist you.

Thank you for being part of Wyze!

Kind regards,

Donna | Wyze Wizard

Good luck!

I tried to get the chime to connect about 15 times with no success. So I restarted the doorbell then tried again. Only took one time and it connected. Yeah!!