Doorbell event playback fails with "Error (code 07)"

I have the 07 error too. Latest firmware and did the login/out and restarted my phone … no joy.

On a positive note I can download the video and play it on my computer so clearly it’s an app issue trying to read the file. My guess is that it has to do with 90 degree video rotation.

Wyze support told me a couple days ago to:

If you have Cam Plus, please try removing it from your account and add it back. Afterward, try to access the playback feature.

Afterward, force close the app. Then, power cycle the device.

But that didn’t help. Nor has this procedure, which I have done many times:

• removing the device and adding it back
  • logging out of the Wyze app and logging back in
  • removing CamPlus from the Doorbell
  • restarting the phone

So, one month-plus since I got the doorbell and installed it. And still no video playback of doorbell events.

Wyze support will probably, based on past experience, contact me again in 7-10 days…

…Rick…

Have the doorbell since February 6. Worked fine day 1, then error 07. Works fine on wife’s iPhone. I have android 10 on a new phone. Several tickets sent and still waiting response.
Frustrating…

FYI, similar connectivity issues here on a new install from yesterday. Worked great for about 6 hours, now it’s losing connectivity constantly, and when I can get the camera to connect Live, bit rates are all over the place until it finally drops. It’s less than 20 feet from the wifi AP, signal strength is max, 2.4 GHz network. Blue light is solid on at the unit all the time. If I go outside and trigger the motion sensing, it detects it and records a video, and that also usually brings the Live video back to life for a short period.

There’s nothing wrong with my power supply (tested 24 VAC), my wifi, and the camera is clearly functional. Signal strength is at a max, so the unit’s antenna is working fine. Tried removing then re-adding CamPlus as suggested above, no improvement. I have two other Wyze cams at this house, both work fine with zero issues on the same network. Looks like another case where we just wait until there’s a firmware update to fix the problems.

This isn’t my first early Wyze product, I’m used to the idea that we’re the beta testers. I worked in the semiconductor industry as an engineer for 30 years, gotta say that if we released a new product with as many major functional bugs as Wyze seems to think is acceptable, we’d have been OOB quickly. I don’t mind putting up with it, as they do seem to eventually fix the problems, but it spells trouble for the company in the long run.

2days ago i was getting the 07 and now it’s 09 ,i did everything from reinstalled the app 2 phones, factory reset doorbell, no dice, live stream works, and recorded events from other came work, what a waste of cam plus

1 Like

Has not worked for me since installation 2 weeks ago. Other cams, v1 & v2 work fine. Plays back on my wife’s android with her account fine. I can download the video via share and play back with vlc video player on my android but get error 07 when trying through the wyze app. Opened tickets and sent logs, Nothing but crickets from wyze. Very disappointing.

Check to see if there is a firmware update. No, it still doesn’t work BUT with the latest update the error code changes for 07 to 09.

For some people they were able to logout of the Wyze app then log back in and have everything work. My results were like ONjOlt’s and the error code number just changed.

I 'm sure Wyze is working on this and my guess is the problem is with the way the doorbell video is turned 90 degrees.

Yeah it sucks when things don’t work the way they should but these things came as a preorder deal and for $30 I really cannot complain. I know Wyze is working on it and I’d rather they have people actively fixing the problem than have customer support endlessly saying yes, we are aware of the problem and are addressing the issue, please be patient etc.

1 Like

I posted a week ago about issues with poor connectivity. Another firmware update for the doorbell was issued this week and I applied it. Since then, connectivity has significantly improved, with less variation in bitrate. I made no changes to the router or to the doorbell power supply. Hopefully, this good performance will continue, for now, performance is satisfactory.

Note that the original issue here is not with connectivity, or ‘live’ view, but with event playback causing errors. Error 07, Error 09, or a continual spinner on hitting the event’s play button (with no playback).

Connectivity, in my case, is not an issue - strong signal, and a V2 Cam is just above the doorbell cam and has no issues with event playback.

The latest firmware (including the one just released a few days ago) has been applied; app has been exited and re-started/signed in, doorbell device rebooted, but still new (and old) events do not play back.

All firmware and apps updated and error has changed from 07 to 09 for me as well,

I’ve tried every sort of update, log out, disconnect, etc., suggested so far, and nothing has eliminated the error.

Here’s the weird thing: I have four devices. Three devices are running Android 6. None of these devices work properly when it comes to viewing events. One device I have is running Android 8 – that one works fine! Go figure…

Despite trying all the recommended fixes, I have the same problem as everyone else error code 07, now 09 after last firmware update to v4.25.0.233. Mesh network with strong wifi at the bell. My amcrest camera works fine at 1080p. The wyze doorbell can only stream live video in real-time at 480p. HD the seconds on time stamp take 5 seconds to update. I find it annoying the push for CAM PLUS when the trial is failing so badly. Why would I throw good money after bad and subscribe when it does not work. Could it be an issue with their app on certain versions of Android? Running 7.1.1 here.

Still not working though instead of error 09 sometimes I get error 06.

wyze would rather build stupid toy cars than to at least admit this is an issue and that they are currently working on it… and when you call support even they still say log out and log back in like that’s the magic fix. i asked them don’t you think I would have done that by now before I called.

See this thread which also covers this issue:

Hello GeoPuck,

Yes, this has been happening since it was first released. Originally the error code was 7 but now it has changed to 9.

I’ve reported the problem too, months ago but other than one generic email about trying to logout and restarting phone and app there’s been no response from Wyze. No follow up and no comments either.

The video is there on your phone though, you can download it then play it, though it’s rotated 90 degrees, so you need somethng like VLC to rotate it back and play it.

I would appreciate some comments from Wyze but they might be rethinking this doorbell project. Between this and all of the chime issues things have not gone well for WYze Doorbell.

There is a workaround.

It’s posted here in Wyze doorbell error message code 09

It’s not a solution but it’s quick and easy.

From day one, my doorbell playback function has been inoperable on my new Motorola g play phone. On my old Samsung galaxy note 3, the playback function on app worked perfectly. Unfortunately, I had to factory reset that phone and I am now unable to download any of the old wyze app versions. I am really starting to get tired of wyze. I have many of their products but every week there are glitches with the software and its ridiculous to keep sending hundreds of reports and nothing is accomplished. I have better things to do with my time. One week, wyze deleted an entire week of all my camera footage. Basically, the system stopped recording on all my wyze SD cards for entire week. Nothing, nada, zilch on all SD cards. Anyway, back to the playback function of wyze doorbell app. In the past, I would at least get a thumbnail photo on the doorbell timeline, now it is completely black. Can wyze fix this issue as well as playback function on app?

1 Like

I feel the same way. I loved the Wyze cameras and would recommend the to people, but not anymore. I have the same problems you have with no useful help or fixes from Wyze.
My doorbell went from working fine to live only , no playback, back in December. Opened a ticket, followed all the instructions, and nothing. Last week the playback started eorking only on a Galaxy. F20 phone, but not an any of three different aandroid tablets. I see it’s been an issue for some people for a year now.
V3 camera stopped recording to any sd card continuously, just intermittently with as many gaps as recording. Again, opened a ticket , followed all the steps, with no fix. The same camera never connects on the first try, either but if I go back to the main screen and then try again, it hooks right up. With all that, the events record just.fine.
I gave up trying to get help from Wyze and just left a bad review in the Play Store, maybe a Wyze marketing person will jump on the tech people to fix what they have before introducing more products.

Periodically about every 2-4 weeks, the Device Model: Wyze Doorbell playback will not be able to retrieve (or fetch) the video from the cloud. I’ve seen (07) and (09) and I believe I’ve seen an (06) but won’t swear to the last one. It shows I’m running the latest firmware 4.25.1.060. Whenever I see it occurring, usually I can connect to the LIVE feed fine and it will detect motion and it will try to make a recording but fails retrieving it from the cloud. For playback to begin working again I have to turn off power to the doorbell for 10 or 15 seconds, power the doorbell back on and Playback starts working again. I have 10 cameras (V2 and V3) and they rarely have any playback issues. I have one of Linkysys’ best wifi routers, and I live alone, so please don’t tell me to get a Mesh router as I don’t have that many things connecting to it. The doorbell is probably the closest proximity to the router compared to where all the cameras are located. I see this ticket has been going for about 1-1/2 years with no resolutions being offered other than to reboot, restart, re-add, and power cycle. Since we’re forced to use the cloud, it seems like reliable connectivity has become the #1 issue.
Thankfully, when I wired up the Wyze Doorbell, I put it on a switch that I can easily turn on and off, so it’s not a huge problem, more of just an annoyance. I figured I’d go ahead and add another comment to this ticket just so y’all don’t think the issue has magically fixed itself.
Thanks,

[Mod Edit]

Moderator Note: Personal information has been manually removed from this post. Such information often gets included inadvertently in an email signature block when replying by email. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.