Discount homeowners insurance

Is there anyway to get a certificate showing you have security cameras for a discount on homeowners insurance?

[Mod Edit]: Your request was moved to this category since it involves a question and not a request for a Product or Service enhancement by Wyze.

1 Like

@jamiet0619
As far as I am aware they offer certificates for the Home Monitoring Service, but I have not heard of any certificates for having cams. I am not sure it would be possible since technically they do not know where the cams are set up, with HMS it is attached to an address.

1 Like

My insurance agent told me (Farm Bureau) that surveillance to capture the suspect (HMS) is superior to just cams. He came out to take pictures of my house, and I created a movie of him at every angle during his rotation around the house. He said that doesn’t get you a discount, but a HMS product would.

I suspect no matter what you have it would require some ‘qualification’ phase. The HMS certificate is the first phase.

RE:Discount Homeowners Insurance …I also am hoping that a Cam+ ongoing subscription on 2 (Of 4) Wyze Cams will get me a reduction in insurance costs .
Insurance company is asking me for a certificate ?