Discoloration in Wyze V2 field

My Wyze V2 camera recently gave a purplish discoloration in the field of vision on the left side of the picture. This has been going on for 2-3 weeks but seems to be extending in area of involvement slowly. I tried to wipe the surface of the lens clean with a clean towel but there was no improvement. Will appreciate any recommendations. Thanks.

There is a small filter inside the lens that moves when the cam switches from day to night vision. It is driven by a small solenoid and sometimes it gets stuck. When it does you get that purple color.
A possible quick fix is to manually switch the cam from day to night vision quickly several times, forcing it to move back & forth. That sometimes works.
I’ve never tried this one, but I’ve also heard of folks putting a strong magnet to to the side of the cam.
If that fails and you are still within the warranty period, i would suggest that you contact Wyze Support and either open an online ticket or call them.
Live support is available:
+1-206-339-9646
Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT
Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT

4 Likes

I’ve had that on 4 of my v2 cams. Unfortunately it’s there on 3 of them however on 1 it did self resolve after leaving unplugged for about a month.

Thanks for the information. So did you try to unplug the 3 V2 cams that have persistent problem?

cymui

Yep I tired to resolve them but couldn’t. Tried the Magnet also. Even open up out of casing but didn’t know what to look for.

Thanks. I am thinking if I should follow your way of leaving the camera unplugged for one month and see if that will resolve the problem.

cymui

Hi @cymui There was a recent post regard the same issue here.

@harps Near the bottom of that thread is a picture by @gku2 showing the IR filter (on left) with the solenoid coil.

To find more information, search this forum for ‘solenoid

1 Like

Cleaning the round one seem to be the most important.

I suspect that the neoprene rubber is gassing out vapors from heat and causing the filter to pick up contaminants …

But if you’re in there already I’d clean the 2 square one also…

1 Like