Disable sound detection without disabling motion

Please please please, add the ability to turn off sound detection without disabling motion.

I have numerous areas that have regular (and expected) noises like furnace room, garage, hallway near exit that even with the sound detection turned down, inundate me with alerts and recordings.

I’m not the only one!

Love your products otherwise!

Welcome to the community @mkuh . I am a community member as well, but try to help when I can.

To turn off sound Notifications do this:

• Start a Live Stream of the Camera you want to turn it off of (Repeat this for all Camea’s)
  • Click on the Gear in the Top Right
  • Tap on Event Recording and Turn off Detects Sound
  • Go To Notifications and ensure Sound Events is either off or says this.
1 Like

This is a current feature. Check under each cameras event recording settings menu.

1 Like

Thanks. I’ve now set:

Detection settings: Sound =1
Event Recordings: Sound = Off
Notifications: Sound = Off

Seems like if Detection setting could just be turned off, the other two would be irrelevant.

All you need is “detects sound” toggled off. Toggling that off takes the others out of play.

Hello, I am also getting constant sound detection notifications, but the app settings have changed since this post. Under “event Recordings” the only options are record motion events (all motion events or smart detection events) and Smart Detection. There is no option to turn off sound events. Thanks for any help. I have wyze cam plus, not sure if that affects it.

What camera are you using here? Can you post a screen shot of what your seeing?

Are we speaking about the v3 camera?

If so, the sound options are under event recording with a toggle of Record Sound Events and in the smart detection sub menu at the bottom.

Then in the notification area you will have check boxes for the sound events you selected previously.

1 Like

Thank you for your quick responses. yes that helped i was able to find and toggle off the sound events for my version 3 cameras. I also have a Floodlight Pro camera and it does not seem to have the same sound notification options though.

1 Like

Wyze Floodlight Pro

I just looked at my Flood light pro and it does not appear to have sound detection. I will need to ask about that.

1 Like

@gardnerm109

I have sent some questions, will see what Wyze Says.

1 Like

Not that I want sound detection on it. I may have been mistaking my other camera’s sound notifications for the flood light pro and when i went to disable it, it wasn’t there because I was looking under the floodlight camera and not the V3’s. Either way I think my problems have been solved. Thanks.

1 Like

Which had me wondering and confused at your first post because you were actually talking about two different cameras versions right here:

Then here:

Thanks for clarifying that.

1 Like