Detection zone update problem

After recent update (beta) there is not a notification that pops up when you try to pan your camera. It asks if you want to disable detection zone to pan camera. If you do that, detection zones are reset and must be reconfigured again. The other option is to cancel.
So, if you use detection zones, you cannot pan without resetting the zones.
Temporarily turning off detection zones would be a good thing if it didn’t reset the zones you set.
I can’t pan now.
Ted

4 Likes

I have noticed this too and it’s driving me crazy.

I prefered the old way where it would let you pan around to manually check on things and after a timeout it would just reset back to the original detection zone.

6 Likes

I agree…dont want to bother resetting zone after just having a quick pan around…

3 Likes

I didn’t notice this change until y’all mentioned it! Why would they change that?

It was super useful when we were out of town to take a quick peek around and then the camera would default back to the detection zone after 15 seconds.

1 Like

I, too, and bothered by this. I frequently check my cam and pan to a couple different locations. It was convenient since it would automagically revert to the prime location. Having to go through and disable it, pan… reset to my prime location then enable and resize is a real PITA. Instead of making detection better, they have gone the other way.

2 Likes

Hopefully they see this feedback and rethink their approach!!!

1 Like

Please fix this! I feel like my cameras that I’ve had for over 2 years have been crippled. Not happy!

2 Likes

I have two Cam Pans on firmware v4.10.6.193 and am using the beta Wyze app version v2.14.32. I’ve noticed recently, within the last two updates or so, that I can no longer have a detection zone set and free move the camera and it would shortly revert back to it’s detection zone anymore.

I’ve previously been able to do this for over 2 years with these cameras without any issue or error message. I have one of my Cam Pans pointed down at my door & walkway but occasionally free moved it to quickly look at other areas of my yard. Moving the camera with a swipe on the video feed doesn’t appear work at all anymore either. The directional buttons do, but give me an error “Your camera has the Detection Zone enabled, which only applies to its current position. Tap continue to disable the Detection Zone before moving your camera” now if I have a detection zone set.

Is there any rhyme or reason to why this change was made? Is it a bug or intentional? It’s hard for me to see this any way other than crippling a frequently used ability of my cameras that I’ve had for some time.

I’d really like to be able to free move my camera for short periods of time again while also having a detection zone enabled. Having to turn off the detection zone to move it for a moment is a pain, seems pointless, and if I’m moving the camera it’s typically to see something that’s gone out of frame, which needs to be done quickly–an extra prompt makes that difficult and then I have to set my detection zone up again? Why? Why am I all of the sudden being forced to choose between a detection zone and free panning?

1 Like

It appears to be intentional. See the thread here:

2 Likes

I’ll second the complaint here. Functionally worked great until this stupid change.

Bring back the ability to pan and let it reset on its own. I won’t purchase another Wyze product until this is reverted.

2 Likes

this is insane!
com’on wyze

why do u hv to choose between pan and detection zone?

2 Likes

My Pan cam will not move even if detection zone is off who is supposed to test firmware updates

Why is this problem in a beta group this is production version software and firmware I’m running 2.14.33 with firmware 6.193 this needs to be in a different group

All fixed now.
Ted

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.