Deleted Base Station from the app and now it won't connect at all

I have just fallen into the “delete the base station and outdoor camera while offline” trap.

After messing around for an hour I discovered this forum and assumed I would be throwing away the outdoor cam. I read here that someone had left the base plugged in over night and then was able to connect.

I left my camera and base off and unplugged for about 15 minutes. I removed the SD card. I then plugged in the base station and left it. After a few minutes it connected to my WiFi network and light went solid blue. I waited another 15 or so minutes. I tried connecting the camera to the base station. It failed once and then I moved the camera to within 6" of the base. It connected almost immediately. It had an extremely low battery but seemed to work fine.

Apparently there is hope.

2 Likes

I have a outdoor camera deleted and it shows solid blue. I can’t seem to add it back to my base station. My base station and another outdoor cam is fine. I need to get this one added back to my app. I can’t get that in pairing mode. Any pointers or it goes to trash?

My difficulty reconnecting seemed to possibly be related to a low battery. I would try shutting it off for a day and charge it fully before trying again. I assume the signal was weaker with a low battery as I had to get the camera within 6 inches of the base to pair it. Good luck. Mine is still working fine to this day.

I changed my internet provider and needed to update the wifi on my wyze devices. I ended up also deleting the base thinking that would be easiest way to do it but tried about 10 times and it would never connect to my new internet when plugged right into the Router. Would just flash blue forever. I ended up taking someones suggestion here and using a paperclip to put in the tiny reset hole (for 30 seconds) of the base while the power was still plugged in and ethernet cord unplugged and then plugged back in the ethernet and restarted the add device process and it worked! I was able to connect my old version doorbell to it also. Hopefully that works for others also.