Delayed Wyze event notifications

I have done the same . and I to, do not expect to see it resolved.
My other brand cameras I get notifications quickly

Thanks for the feedback.
Iā€™ve sent several logs and spreadsheets of data.
The longer I wait, the less I expect a fix.

I know you are not exaggerating ā€™ because I worked with them for months , ran route this helps several times , factory reset my devices ( phone, tablet ) :expressionless:

Adding to this threadā€¦ I have a Pixel XL 1st Gen (2016) on Verizon LTE. Iā€™ve had problems with delayed notifications since before the Android 10 update. In fact, Iā€™ve experienced slow/delayed notifications from the day I set up my first wyze camera. I donā€™t see where delayed notifications would have anything to do with the phone/app as the wyze camera connects to the cloud servers through the homeā€™s wifi, not the phone. And any notification from the the wyze servers are delivered to the phones SMS delivery mechanism, not to the wyze app on the phone. I can say I donā€™t experience any delays in msg delivery in general I have to lean towards an issue with the wyze server infrastructure. I am a 30yr veteran of managing network operations for both telecommunications and internet service provider. So well versed in the data communication arena. My 2c. Happy to contribute what I can to resolve the notification delayā€¦ Itā€™s very annoying and causes me to consider my alternatives.

Thanks

2 Likes

I submitted a ticket on the delayed notifications a couple of months ago, but except for ā€œtheyā€™re looking into itā€ didnā€™t hear anything about a fix for the issue. Then last week they posted on Twitter that iOS users may experience delayed notifications, and they were working on the problem.

So, I responded to their tweet on Twitter about the delayed notifications on Android and that I had reported it a couple of months ago. They asked, on Twitter, for my ticket numbers, which I provided. They then apologized via email in response to my ticket number for not following thru on my tickets and they would look into it again.

Then I received an email response that this week, 11/3/2019, they would be issuing an updated app and I should let them know if it corrects the delayed notifications.

Based on their past history, and other comments Iā€™ve seen in the community, Iā€™m not holding my breath.

Agree with you, makes me want to start looking at other alternatives. My Blink cameras give very timely notifications.

1 Like

I think so too.
I have been having this issue for a very long time

1 Like

One other potential reason I consider is that thereā€™s a delay on the device side. I plan on sniffing the traffic from my cameras and identify the upstream traffic to the wyze servers when an notification event occures. Then I can see if the delay is on the device end or the wyze servers end. But I will say thereā€™s no way itā€™s the app installed on the phone. Aside from any delay you might be experiencing in general from your carrier.

1 Like

This is a wyze thing, RIng and Arlo are INSTANT, wyze huge delay and sometimes only when you wake phone manually

I am having the same problem. My notifications can be delayed as much as 2 hours. I just now picked up my phone and woke it up. I got two notifications immediately, one from 2 hours prior and 1 from 20 minutes ago. Sometimes I get them right away, and I canā€™t say for sure if my phone is unlocked at the timeā€¦UPDATEā€¦too soon to claim victory, but I added a do not disturb exception in notifications on my s9, and got a notification right away. I also have wyze excluded in battery optimizationā€¦UPDATE 2ā€¦just had a 15 minute delayā€¦grrrrr.

Been having same notification delays for months. Wink notifications are instant.

Going to purchase some Blink cameras since todayā€™s the last day theyā€™re on sale. Need some outdoor cams with instant notifications and not having to rely on the adb disable doze hackery. Please fix your app, Wyze. Ring and Blink apps get instant notifications even when asleep for several hours.

Iā€™m on a Pixel 3a and regularly experience notifications all happening at once when my phone is unlocked. That is pretty concerning when we use this as a security system when we are home at night.
*I havenā€™t used Ring products but if what other users in this feed write is correct and they have ā€œinstantā€ notifications I would prefer something like that instead of a notifications only after the 12sec clip is uploaded.

1 Like

I think the notification issue is more to do with the backend/server side and less the app, but who knows. Delays come and go, this goes hand in hand with cloud devices. I will say that other cloud services can be much faster.

Hopefully, server infrastructure upgrades are in the works that will resolve the delays.

Iā€™ve submitted support tickets on delayed notifications on Android several times in the past months and always receive the empty promise that the problem will be addressed and corrected.

But, I still have delayed notifications and at times receive several notifications one immediately after the other.

I guess this is a ā€œcomputer science problemā€ that is too difficult for Wyze to solve, or they favor iphones and donā€™t care about their customers that use Android phones.

I agree, the cameras were purchased to monitor our home when at home and away from home. But they are useless with this notification problem.

I just wish Wyze would be truthful and tell us if they can or will correct this problem or not, instead of constantly lying to us that they will fix the problem.

Given my experience with Wyze and delayed notifications, I can not recommend Wyze cameras to any friends and family, since Wyze only gives empty promises of support and never fixes the problem.

Iā€™m finished buying any Wyze products, and now wish I wouldnā€™t have purchased so many.

Iā€™ll be making folks aware of this problem on Amazon in a review with a 1 star rating.

Unfortunately, the forum is full of threads about delayed notifications. Only once did I find one were Wyze acknowledged that it was a cloud issue. In that case they were able to get that one particular issue resolved, but overall there needs to be significant improvement on their end regarding this.

Delays and slow downs will only get worse as customers add more devices, and the delays will become more noticieable when lights, plugs, etc, start not responding.

If you are not getting notifications from an app until your phone wakes up, a task killer is probably closing the app. I think Android has one that is built into the system now.

Try adding the Wyze app to the power exceptions list and see if that helps.

I have made exception for the app , turned off adaptive power all that , you name it, worked with wyze support for months, itā€™s the same now as it was in September 2018 when it started , this is not isolated , itā€™s affecting a lot of peopleā€¦
Some people just live with it , like me , some people just donā€™t say anything , other people donā€™t know is not right.
When I get a notification for my other brand cameras, I know somethingā€™s happening right now , with the wyze cams thereā€™s no telling when it actually at happened, it could be anywhere from 5 minutes to 3 hours or more

1 Like

I have also done everything disabling battery optimization, etc. Sometimes the notifications work, mostly they donā€™t arrive timely. I post my experience in every ā€œdelayā€ thread. Like I said hopefully Wyze will optimize their cloud service especially now that they will have a subscription plan, but I am not holding my breath.

Wyze and Ecobee are the only cloud devices I have left at this point.

I also have that issue where all the notifications show up at once when I unlock my pixel 3a. I tried turning off adaptive power and the battery optimization for the wyze app. None of those worked. Iā€™m not sure what the issue is.

I actually stopped receiving all push notifications at one point. Then I unplugged my wyzecam and replugged it in. This somehow activated the push notifications again for my phone.

1 Like

Are wyze employees really blaming this on our WiFi network? Lol. Itā€™s obvious their servers at fault . Went back to ring for instant notifications.