Customer service sucks

Wyze customer service sucks. Even though I spend quite bit money. In a sense of 20.00 cam. When I had issue with light blubs and motion detector. They did not care. I think close to sending 400.00 with wyze. Between direct order and amazon order other stuff. Gave them feed back . When I had issues with blubs and motion detector they should replace it I was not looking free hand out. That was terrible even I send e mail I doubt the CEO show it. If he cared he should see it acknowledg it. Even though I said do not reply back.

I am sorry you had a bad experience with customer support, I do know they get backed up at times. I can tag @UserCustomerGwen and see if they can help you if you would like. This is mostly a user to user forum but WYZE employees poke their head in every so often.

1 Like

We’re sorry to hear about this, @pkp. Would you like to give me your support ticket number so I can look into this personally? I will provide feedback to the team.

I bought 18 bulbs and not a single one of them connects to the app, I can’t even update the bulbs to the latest firmware.
I have same problem with Wyze cam 3, no connection.
Worse of it all is that no one responds to my support requests.
If this is not resolved within 2020 I will do a chargeback on my CC for the full amount

@mortenbjoern
In what ways have you tried reaching out to support, have you received any type of support ticket number. If you have not tried calling I would go that route. If you post more information on what exactly the problem is you are running into maybe someone here will have an idea.

WYZE Support

Live support is available:

+1-206-339-9646

Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT

Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT

Any chance your wifi router 2.4Ghz channel is full? I had to factory reset my Netgear R7900p router to clear unused devices attached to the 2.4Ghz channel before new V3 can be added, Now the 2.4Ghz is mostly dedicated to Wyze devices.

Any idea when new V3 firmware will be released to fix V3 unstable streaming?

I have an Orbi router with 2 satellites and there are plenty of space left on it.

I’m not sure if what the problem is.

I created 2 tickets for the bulbs and 1 ticket for the cameras.

Not a word from them

@mortenbjoern

If you can get me the ticket numbers I can see if I can have someone check on them

I have tried TP-Link Deco X60 with 3 units purchased from Costco. I used my old router 2.4GHz SSID and password. Initially my many V2 and few V3 connected to the router but eventually streaming became unstable and sometimes connections failed. I didn’t bother to troubleshoot for long but returned the router. Purchased a TP-Link AX11000 wifi 6 router also from Costco. This one can be configured to have different SSIDs for 2.4GHz and 5GHz channels. Haven’t set it up yet though. My belief is the mesh system with single SSID and password may have problem in connecting 2.4GHz IOT devices. Though I may be wrong and some mesh systems may work flawlessly with 2.4GHz IOT devices due to my limited experience with mesh system.

I ended up doing a factory reset of my Orbi RBR850 mesh router and now it seems to be working.

Those Orbi routers are not always that great I guess

And still does as of 1/31/2021 :-1::man_facepalming: