Continuous Recording and Notification Videos

Hi folks,

I just installed a 32GB microSD into my WyzeCam for continuous recording, which works great when using the Playback section. However, when I now receive motion notification alerts on my phone and navigate to the Notification section of the app, there are no 12 second video clips.

As a test, I disabled the “Local Recording to microSD Card” option, but when new motion notification alerts come in, there are still no 12 second video clips.

How can I restore the notification alert/video clips function to the Notification section of the app; i.e. remove the microSD card and reboot the WyzeCam, etc.

Thank you!

I don’t have an SD card in mine, nor set one up and I’m not getting any alert videos (but I am getting the push notification of motion) as well. There is a 20 hour old post on the reddit group saying the same, seems we are not alone.

To clarify,

Not sure if its expected behaviour, whereby it is an either/or function - either there is continuous recording with microSD, or there is 12 second video clips, but both functions should be available; meaning you should be able to have both, continuous recording in addition to 12 second video clips.

That way, if you need video than the 12 second video clips in the Notification section, you can go to the Playback section.

Thank you!

Agreed, the notification alerts with videos were working for me yesterday, today it is not. Can you please send me a link to the reddit group.

Thank you!

I literally just set mine up a hour ago so I haven’t even seen them working yet lol

Here you go: https://www.reddit.com/r/wyzecam/

I just provided feedback to the reddit group as well, hopefully there is an update soon.

werewolf, from a timing standpoint, though you just got set up, hang in there - the product and community support are solid.

Thank you!

/update: looks like alerts without videos is happening to others, will wait for official feedback…

Ok, I just received an email alert with 12 second video clip - looks like it is working again, will keep testing this afternoon!

Will enable continuous recording later today as well…

Yeah started working for me an hour or two after my last post. I’m not going anywhere. I’m already happy enough with these compared to my POS Ring cameras (that cost >10x as much) that I’m thinking of buying a couple more.

I often get notifications (not via email as someone above suggested) without the clips as well.

I was seeing the same thing, I cleared the cache in Settings>Application Manager and that seemed to restore the function.

If that does not work, try uninstalling the app, reboot, reinstall.

Thanks, my bad - I meant to say app/phone notifications (not email) in the earlier post.

Thanks, looks like the functionality was restored, but I will try those steps if it happens again!

<p style="font-size: 16px !important; line-height: 24px !important;">Not sure if its expected behaviour, whereby it is an either/or function – either there is continuous recording with microSD, or there is 12 second video clips, but both functions should be available; meaning you should be able to have both, continuous recording in addition to 12 second video clips.</p> <p style="font-size: 16px !important; line-height: 24px !important;">That way, if you need video than the 12 second video clips in the Notification section, you can go to the Playback section.</p>

You already can have continuous recording & notification clips.
If you aren’t getting clips, that is something wrong with the Amazon cloud, the cam don’t store the clips locally after it uploads them to the cloud.

Thanks, it looks like there was an upstream issue as others were experiencing similar issues - resolved now. I am able to get both continuous recording and the video clips!

I no longer get any notifications at all. Yes, “notifications” is switched on. I uninstalled the app and reinstalled, rescanned the code, etc without a change. Installed the app on another phone: still no notifications on either phone, I can see the video just fine on either phone. I had the problem before installing a 32 Gb MSD card and the problem did not change after the install either. Broken cam?

Thanks!

wagonranch, to clarify, motion alert notifications on your phone worked at some point, in the beginning.

here are a number of items to check, some you have confirmed already:

within the wyze app, in the camera settings, motion detection is on, and sensitivity is set (low/medium/high)

within the wyze app, in the notification section, are there any video clips

within the wyze app, alert schedule is set to all day

if you are using an iphone, go to settings, notifications, wyze app; verify that allow notifications is on (badges, sounds, banners, etc.)

have you also upgraded to the the latest firmware

have you tested the camera in different rooms and seen any difference

Thanks!

r69lai,

Thanks! Yes, when I first set up the cam I got push notifications. Motion detection is on and I have tried all three sensitivity settings. There are now no video clips as I wiped out the app and reinstalled, but there were clips there when I first got the camera. “All Day” is the choice for the alert schedule. Android phone, but, yes, the notifications are on. I upgraded to the latest firmware when I first got the camera and the notifications worked then. I have not bothered to move the cam as I receive live video just fine and it records just fine. I can play back the video from the SD card as well.

I appreciate your help!

Ken

happy to help, makes us all wyzer.

do you have another wyzecam for comparison. if not, i would recommend contacting support as you have worked through basic troubleshooting steps on your end and they may have additional diagnostic steps on their end, to determine whether this is an application/configuration/hardware issue.

thanks!