We are seeing reports of connectivity problems and we are looking into it now. We’ll update you as we have more information. Sorry for the trouble! We’ll get this sorted out as soon as we can.
EDIT 1:17 PM
We don’t have an update at this point but our engineers are working on it. We appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this problem.
EDIT 2:40 PM
We’re seeing improvement and connectivity is improving. However, we are still investigating the root cause and aren’t calling this resolved yet.
EDIT 11:47 AM 1/18/19
After monitoring overnight data and today’s data, our service has been verified to be back in normal. Thanks for your support and patience as we worked through this issue! If you are still having connectivity difficulties, please contact our support people through this link: https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
EDIT 1:13 PM 1/24/19
We’re still investigating the root cause of this problem. So far we know that there was a spike in server usage and the servers overloaded. We have added server resources as we continue to look into this.
Workaround I have found (sucks but works) : Tap the gear icon , tap device info ,the Check update → tap back and then on detection settings and then back twice to the cam view page and it loads video.
May help WyzeGuys (pun intended) figure this out. I can see that motion alerts are working and video connx to Amazon cloud are working. Seems to be an issue with forwarding the https vid stream back out.
can confirm rolling back firmware does nada.
Tried rolling back device from LAN one version, then a second with no results.
Tried this based on KB from the 11/26 issue by following a link in that article.
Hope it’s not a similar issue. Load balancing may have just crashed at ISP.
Unfortunately that doesn’t work for me.
Outside of our local network the App doesn’t even see the device as connected to wifi.
Inside our local network everything is fine. App works with no issues.
Outside the network though, nada.
It’s really very interesting.
Didn’t work for me either. My guess (purely a guess) is that it’s some kind of server capacity issue and that’s why we’re seeing it work on and off for some folks randomly. I think the device info/detection settings back and forth was probably just a coincidence.