Connection failed (error code 0)

Thanks for the update. I’m late replying because we just had a power outage that lasted a few days. Back in business now.

I had ordered a second Wyze V2 cam and it arrived last week. I’m having the same issues with that camera. I agree with you that this is Wyze problem. Perhaps they they can’t handle lower bandwidth systems (latency issues?). Odd since other manufacturers don’t seem to have that problem.

I really wanted this to work as well, but I’m afraid these cameras are going back.

1 Like

Update: My other camera works every time! I’ve been able to access the Wyze 1x since I started this test. I’m going back out to pull the Wyze and go with the another manufacturer. I agree, unfortunate!

1 Like

Just found this thread. I too have the same issue and done all the normal troubleshooting. I’ve been on the phone with Wyze and Hughenet and had concluded my issue was related to my upgrade to Hughesnet Gen5 - now I’m not too sure. Has anyone found a definitive explanation for this issue?

All I can say is this: I went with another manufacturer as a test and I’ve had ZERO issues connecting for the past few months. You may wish to try this route too just to prove it’s not your connection.

I strongly disagree with Wyze on this. I feel it’s an issue with their cloud service, but yet they won’t address it.

With this said: The workaround I’m going to attempt with the Wyze cam is to put the “Dafang Hacks” custom firmware and completely bypass Wyze infrastructure. Why? Because I can’t return the camera and I don’t trust Wyze with my data or providing me service anymore.

2 Likes

Same issue. iPhone and Hughesnet at a remote cabin. We have 5 Wyze cams set up. Two always work and three don’t including the one closest to the modem/router. But when there everything works just fine. When home - nope.

Distance and latency and bandwidth all play into it. And with satellite internet, you’re lucky to get 20mpbs (that may change with upcoming SpaceX’s Starlink).

But the thing is - mine worked just fine for over 2 years. Then I upgraded to Hughsnet gen 5 and have this problem. My next move is to get hughesnet out to the cabin at some point and debug it.

I’ve been a Software Engineer and Site Reliability Engineer for too many years to list. The first question I ask a client (or our Hosted team) when an issue arises is:
“what changed??”
You know - it worked on Wed, and on Fri it doesn’t work. “What changed” is usually something that got upgraded, modified, and so on, on Thur. : )

Along with getting new “Hughsnet gen 5”, I’ll assume you got a new Wifi router - is that the case? (it’s possible you’re using your own Wifi router behind the modem).

I would check connections and maybe Wifi signal strength at the cams. Might be nice to check network latency and such, on the network and outside to the Internet world.

Yep. I too was in the software industry for many, many years. I suspected Hughesnet first (did all the normal debugging on the new equipment etc). Then I found this thread - which didn’t always include a theme of slow internet or satellite internet. So, I started a dialog with Wyze support - but that was just plain frustrating. Frankly, it just hasn’t been a priority for the last several months - so - I’m just dealing with it for now.

As mentioned two working remotely and three not. Except all work when I am there. I will try reseting and reconnecting the one not working. I don’t see why two work and three don’t.

Yep. Had the same issue - one worked, the other did not. Although every once in awhile I could access them both. Also, could not access any of the home cameras from the cabin( while on the cabin internet). With the latest Wyze release I now cannot access either of them! All points to something dealing with the cabin internet - hughesnet. Although I could be wrong…

Have had all of these issues at a similar setting (mtns- HughesNet gen 5) and have had several open tickets, rep responses, real time trouble shooting, 360 mode (that later switches back to SD once I’m off location), and all the previous mentioned attempts to right the issue. I’ll get another response from a rep or summary email (sometimes a week after I reply and have been back to the property) stating I need to drive 4 hours back to the property to try the same thing again and this has all been since initial installation of 3 V2 cams, sensors, bridge, etc. My WYZE products have been ANYTHING but performing correctly or reliable and sadly I have to say the same for the customer service. Think I made a mistake going with WYZE.

1 Like

I still have my Wyze Cams, but I have ZERO at my remote cabin due to the issues explained in this thread. All I can say is this: I’ve had ZERO issues with “other vendor” camera I installed and it has been 4 months.

For me, the issue was on Wyze’s end, but they refused to put any energy towards troubleshooting or correcting it.

I’m a 30 year veteran of IT with a degree in Computer Science and a Masters in Network Security. Not saying this to toot my own horn, but trying to point out that I’m very experienced and knowledgeable and all fingers pointed at Wyze for my issue.

1 Like

Thanks for the update. What camera did you switch to at your cabin? Sounds like that is my next step as well.

Update: All v1 cameras seem to work remotely with Hughes NextGen. I am not swapping out my old cameras from home with the new ones on the Hughes system at the vacation home. New cameras work just fine at home, but that is CenturyLink wired and wifi. My one pan camera on Hughes also does not work. Each asks for 360 and I am pretty sure I set them last time. They jump back to SD when I try to access remotely and no setting allows a switch back to 360 that I can find. You have to be connected. A Catch-22. Come on Wyze - get your programming act together!

I went with Hikvision. My requirements were that the camera have an SD storage slot for offline video clip storage. Figured this would come in handy if I was having connectivity issues, but still wanted functionality from the camera.

1 Like

Thanks - appreciate the info.

So, is this fixed? After updating the app to the latest release I have been able to connect to my remote cameras consistently. Are others still having the problem, or has this been addressed by Wyze?

Which camera models and which update are you referring to? Are you on DSL or a satellite system?

I have v2 cameras at the cabin running on satellite internet (hughesnet). When I upgraded the Wyze app to the latest version (2.11.41) all of my ‘connection error 0’ problems went away.

1 Like