Cleaner Air Available with Wyze Air Purifier - 4/12/22

Graph depends on 2 things… if your indoor AQI is consistently very low (mine is currently 3), it won’t show very well. Currently, the graph shows only a 24-hour period, from midnight to midnight. If it’s 2:30 am when you view the graph, you’ll see only 2-3 data points. Not sure if/when Wyze will expand this. I’d like to see a swipeable 14-day history.

3 Likes

Great job on those UI labels!

I would also prefer if Wyze always applied a dot at least every hour. Even in your screenshot it shows the dots are sometimes further apart and sometimes closer together.

On the 14th I only had 5 dots total for the day. So I think it only includes a dot when it actually activates to clear the air, and since mine didn’t need to activate most of the day it stayed off and thus had few dots. It would be great if it just included a dot down at the baseline if the AQI is low enough that it didn’t need to run.

I would also love to see at least a week’s history (14 days would be better of course). Hopefully that will come with a future update. Someone should make a wishlist item for it so we can all go vote for it. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ordered mine 4 days ago and still haven’t received it.

Wyze told us at purchase time that it will take 7 to 10 days for the later orders we submitted to ship. Those who ordered earliest got theirs shipped from what was in stock.

These were so popular that they sold out fast (morning of the launch), so just before noon MDT one of the employees said [on Discord] that they’d talk to the team and see if they could allow more of us to still order at the special discounted launch rate and just have the second shipment ship out after they arrive. They agreed and a bunch of us were able to order in the afternoon at the same discounted launch rate (thank you Wyze for making this special exception for our later orders), but we apparently have to wait for that shipment to be delivered first. 7-10 extra days is no big deal for me to be able to get 2 more of these Air Purifiers at the cheaper price. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Talked myself into buying it but none available. Wyze used to email when a product was back in stock, but I couldn’t find that option.

Hi OON7,
If during setup the wifi logo is not blinking, you will need to reset the wifi by pressing auto and fan speed keys simultaneously until the wifi icon starts flashing. Looks like you had it figured out.

The AQI history will take some time to show up from the moment you turned on your device (about 1 dot per hour). The top half of the screen is showing you the outdoor pollutant concentrations for various common air pollutants. We do realize the explanation is lacking in this version and we will improve that in the next app update.

4 Likes

Had mine since Friday. I like it. It seems to do the job. It has detected a lot of different things as we do our thing at home. It’s running a lot. It calms down when we stop doing those things… but it takes it awhile to calm down. I have a 1600 sq foot house with 9 ft ceilings… It’s working hard to deal with all of that. Using it in conjunction with the Winix helps to keep it from running crazy all the time. It does a good job and I makes a difference.

2 Likes

Anyone know when this will come back in stock?

1 Like

Please add to Canada store :pray:, and nice work on the new product. Looks lit.

@Jason-L… What does this shield and orange/red line indicate under current production Wyze app for iOS version 2.30.0 (a14)? Filter life remaining low warning?

Indicator is not present under current production Wyze app for Android version 2.30.0 (130):

6 Likes

Let me see if I can find out

3 Likes

So since there isn’t an response from anyone at wyze on when or if this item may come back to be able to order i will gi ahead and buy a coway air purifier

I believe Wyze has said they are expecting the next shipment from manufacturing in within a month or two last I heard.

2 Likes

Possible minor issue with reading data from BreezoMeter

Submitted Log Number: 551647

First let me say that I am loving the Wyze Air Purifier. It has been working like a champ since I set it up. However, I noticed one minor issue related to the BreezoMeter Pollen Counts compared to the Pollen Count in the Wyze App which reads BreezoMeter data.

It appears that either the display is not updating or the process to retrieve the pollen counts and update the app has a little issue. Here are the images of what I found, the Grass Pollen is the one which is currently off. The others match, but the counts have been the same for the last couple of days so not sure.

Here are the images.

NOTE - The 3 images below the Wyze App Image was pulled from BreezoMeters website for pollen in my area.

Wyze Purifier

GRASS POLLEN

TREE POLLEN

WEED POLLEN

EDIT - 4/25/2022

I just confirmed the following:

• Tree Pollen is updating as it went from 3 to 2 and the app does reflect that
  • Grass Pollen is NOT updating. Mine still shows 0 even though it went from a 2 to a 1

As for the Weed Pollen, I cannot tell if it is updating or not as it is still at 0.

@WyzeAndy @WyzeBaohua

Tagging you too as I am hoping you can get this to the developers or the PM in charge.

3 Likes

I confirm. Mine doesn’t match what Breezometer directly shows for the grass either:

Log: 551650

3 Likes

How often is the purifier supposed to update the AQI in the app? It says last updated 1hr and 28min ago. And there’s no new dots since just before 6am in history ? Just trying to understand the correct behavior.

Only had it running 24hrs and I could have sworn yesterday the app was more up to date.

2 Likes

It’s updating your in-house air quality always. The external (the color outside of the circle) is updated much more slowly. I’m not actually sure the amount. I don’t think I’ve seen it go longer than 2 hours.

1 Like

As someone that’s been coughing for a month due to tree pollen allergies and I was finally starting to shop air purifiers the day it was announced. Finally received mine today and I’m somewhat disappointed in their data source for pollen data. The app is showing tree pollen to be “low” but the nearest NAB allergy reporting station to my home indicates that treen pollen levels are still high (and my drainage/cough agrees). I feel like the unit should be running continuously but in auto mode it’s reporting the AQI as good?

![1650840542576|500x500](upload://nRy7McnXVYCWbmcKpy6rSpTVaWJ.jpeg)

1 Like

Thanks for bringing this up. I will reach out to our contacts at BreezoMeter (data provider) for troubleshooting/clarification.

5 Likes

Thanks for the feedback. Seems to be isolated to Grass, but not sure about the weeds as it is still 0 on BreezoMeter and the Wyze App.

2 Likes