Chime on Entry Sensors

We need to have sensors that have an audible chime when an entry door facing the pool is opened (to comply with code). What piece of Wyze hardware would be needed for the chime to be heard by folks in the relevant room? (as opposed to some alarm on the phone).

The entry sensors that are apart of Wyze Sense, that are used with the Home Monitoring System have a “tunes” function that bonks at the hub when door are opened. Or you could connect to say Alexa and have Alexa devices make a noise when the entry sensor opens.

2 Likes

Thank you omgitstony. One follow up question - there are two buildings with doors facing the pool - can I have two hubs as I will need the chime heard in the building where the door was opened?

I don’t think two hubs will work. The “tunes” setting is part of the home monitoring system which only supports one. You could use the Alexa app with the sensors but you’re relying on the internet for alerts which could be a problem.

Since I assume this is to prevent children from accessing the pool and potentially drowning I wouldn’t want the internet involved. Just find a simple local device for each door.

2 Likes

Example to what Willbill mentioned

You can create a routine where if the door is opened Alexa can play a sound or say something through the Alexa device

2 Likes

Whoa. I did not know this haha, how cool is that???

2 Likes