Can't Ping Cams

I have a solution now (hopefully!). It was a unifi setting that has fixed it for me (for now).

I don’t know exactly which entry/entries fixed my issue, but it has to do with the Block LAN to WLAN Multicast and Broadcast Data setting on my Wireless Network for my camera VLAN. I added exceptions for my Blue Iris server’s NIC on the camera VLAN, and added the 3 wyze cam’s to the list too.

It could just be adding the Blue Iris server that fixed it, but it’s working right now and I don’t want to mess it up again, and let it run for a while and see if there are any dropouts.

I have a tp-link router and was having trouble to ping the camera as well. What mattered in my case is the “Smart Connect” option for tp-link routers. It gave the same SSID for both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz networks.

I first connected the V2 camera to the home network while keeping “Smart Connect” on. Turning off the “Smart Connection” option should leave the V2 camera out of reach from other home devices. Though, the Android app still recognizes the camera properly.

Restoring the network configuration to what V2 camera was initially set up solved the problem in my case.