Cannot connect to camera

I am outside with excellent LTE signal.
And i cannot connect to camera.
I asked my wife at home and she can access it just fine.

@edhchoe - I wouldn’t call 2 bars excellent LTE signal. That’s actually a weak signal. Are you and your wife accessing the cam at the same time? Restart the cam and close and reopen the app. Then drop resolution to 360p. Hopefully you get access. My experience is Wyze cams are notorious for disconnects in weak signal environments.

all my other apps work fine and i didn’t used to have this problem. my other camera connected fine and played live video. I have two cameras. this is the cam v2 that won’t connect.
youtube plays just fine.
i could not access the camera at all. so i could not change the resolution.
I even deleted the app and reinstalled it. it didn’t help.

when i got home it worked because i was connected to wifi.

Wyze is a different animal. That’s why so many users are forum members, sharing experiences, learning from those experiences and then posting to assist others who are having problems with advice and solutions that solved our issues.

You didn’t share any results or indicate if you tried the suggestions I offered.

If you have a XFinity / Rogers / Shaw XB7 gateway modem router, then the current workarounds are contact your ISP to upgrade to XB8 or set your XB7 into bridge mode and use your own router.

1 Like

YouTube works totally differently than Wyze cams. it buffers the stream so it runs smoothly. Wyze cams have no ability to buffer.

2 Likes

Been having issues for days. Swapped out with new cam v3 and 2 hrs later again cannot view live in the app. My wifi is excellent. All other v2 cameras working good. Cam v3 still follows tracking.

1 Like

yes. it is Wyze issue. not our LTE or wifi.

So today I removed sd card and formatted. Factory Reset both Cam Pan V3. Set them up and worked for about 2 to 4hrs. Now down again. App and firmware up to date. And again cant use live view. Error message says lost connection recommends move closer to router. I moved both Cam Pan V3 closer to router still didn’t work. Whats weird is they still follow and track even though you cant view or do anything in the app. All other V2 cameras working good.