Cameras in multiple homes

How can i setup two homes that each have cameras? I have a vacation home that has cameras and my main home but I cant figure out how to setup multiple homes so I can look only at devices in one home or the other.

The best way is to add all the cameras to one account.

After that, you can either put them all in the same group, or two different groups.

If you already added the vacation home to an account, just add your easily-accessible home cams to the same account. If you are at your vacation home, vice-versa. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

https://support.wyze.com/hc/en-us/articles/360051227011-Grouping-and-Sorting

6 Likes

And in case you were wondering, it doesn’t matter that the two homes have different WiFi. What DOES matter is that a particular camera needs to be configured on the WiFi network on which it will live.

3 Likes

I also have multiple cameras in two different locations and view them all through one account in the App. This has worked really well for a few years. Lately, however — there is something wrong with my V3 cams at the remote site. Error code 90, won’t connect. I believe a firmware upgrade is what killed them. Not convenient for me to travel 1100 miles to manually reboot and troubleshoot them. If WYZE is unable to solve this issue which is plaguing a lot of us — I will have to seek another camera vendor. What changed? This is a hardship when you have multiple locations.

1 Like

I am just a fellow user like yourself, so I don’t know if anything changed.

I do have all my cameras on smart plugs so I can cycle power if necessary when I am on travel, and I won’t update the firmware on anything unless I am in the house with the device. Those rules may help with all your devices from all vendors at a remote location.

Once you have smart plugs, you can also automatically power-cycle your cams daily if you like.

Some people also buy a specialized smart power device that can cycle power to a router if the Internet is lost, but if I had problems with a router, I would just replace the router. :slight_smile:

With something 1100 miles away it is also useful to leave a key with a trusted relative or neighbor in case you need something done.

3 Likes

Hello. Good point on the smart switch addition for power cycle control. I was planning to add that on my next trip. I did have a trusted neighbor go power cycle them ( unplug, wait 10 secs, replug). That action did not restore my V3 cams. At that point, I wasn’t going to have him get a ladder and walk him through the physical reset routine.
It’s interesting that they used to work fine, and the other older pancams are still working fine (as is the other internet devices there). I suspect it’s something to do with a firmware push and maybe the onboard SD cards. It all seemed to start after happening after the introduction of CamPlus Lite. Something changed.

Hope I didn’t hijack this thread. The single app view of all my WYZE stuff is fabulous and Easy to use when the equipment works.

2 Likes

One more thing you may have them try is power-cycling the router. A router can make some devices go offline without affecting others. A power cycle should clear that if that happened. If that sort of thing happens more than a couple times, then you should replace the router.

2 Likes

I did set them up in two groups and that helps… Thanks

1 Like

I hope I’m not highjacking the thread. I have two physical locations some 600 Km away that I’m planning to instal Wyze v3 cams. Can I have both network named the same and have same passwords on both? Would that cause any confusion for the cams or the app?
Thanks

No, that won’t cause any issues. When the cameras boot they check in with the servers so the servers know what external IP address to contact them at. They will run side-by-side in your app, no problem. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks brother

1 Like