Camera sharing

My dad gifted us cameras to our house I set up my own account is there any way he could’ve set up the cameras beforehand to view them? Can i see if anyone else is viewing these cameras?

Hello @nicoleruiz900, you can share the camera for your father to view from his own Account. Once you share the camera, you can see who it has been shared to then from their you can revoke permission but you can’t see who is activity watching the livestream.

Here’s a video to explain how it’s done.

2 Likes

@nicoleruiz900

If…

1. You set the cameras up the first time to your own account, and
  2. You never shared them to any other account (as described above)

Then no, nobody else has access to the video unless you either share the camera in the app or you give out your account credentials.

If you want to be absolutely sure, you can delete the camera from the app and set it up anew.

1 Like

Can I SHARE just one of my CAMERAS? Or will the share grant access to all of my WYZE Cams currently on my account?

Need this feature to allow sharing of only certain WYZE CAMS on my account, but not all.

??
Thanks in advance.

Whatever you share, be aware it shares background conversations in the live stream as well. Vote for a change to that here:

1 Like

Yes, you can share only one.

There’s also a Wishlist topic for more extensive shared camera permissions:

Camera sharing with full access needs to be developed ASAP. I currently have an alarm system powered by alarm.com I have exterior cameras plus just the overall alarm system it self. When sharing the home alarm with the family I had the ability to chose the level of access.

1. Full or
  2. Limited
    Why doesn’t Wyze have this capability?
    I the owner of the camera should be able to decide for myself what level I want to share. Why is Wyze deciding for me and only offering limited.

Yes I can have family members long into my account and have full access but I’m not sharing every camera with each family member. So I’m sharing the camera that they are interested in viewing.

Wyze needs to see how alarm.com is able to provide this to its customers and how you can develop this.

I want to choose who has full access and who has limited.

This has been an on going request for several years and I think it’s time to prioritize this. I know new products are great but listen to your customers and improve what you have so that your customers feel here. I personally feel ignored since this has not been looked at or developed until now.

When I asked customer service this is what I was told but found this thread….

“To be honest, it’s not in our plans to provide full access to shared users, since we do not get that many requests for it. Shared user restriction applies to devices and devices, even Home Monitoring System. Shared users mostly cannot change anything in the settings, only the main users can.

If you have spare time, please consider providing a suggestion about it on the official Wishlist.

[Wishlist - Wyze Forum]

They literally says it’s not in our plans!
How upsetting how frustrating!

I see many requests on this thread that are being ignored. Wyze please do better! I have been a customer from the early start but please listen to your customers requests.

1 Like