Cam v2 "This device is offline" but isn't!

Looking at my cameras in grid mode, everything is good, except for my front yard camera (v2, with Plus). It shows the current view, but has an overlay saying “This device is offline.” Only it isn’t because it’s a live view!

I’ve rebooted the camera 6 times now, physically unplugged, waited up to 20 minutes, and plugged it back in, and did a factory reset on it twice. That blasted overlay won’t go away!

Please tell me this can be fixed!

1 Like

It’s a very common problem that has been the case for a long time. Power cycling SOMETIMES will help, but often the only fix is to wait it out. Might take hours, might take weeks.

This issue is supposed to be fixed via a firmware update sometimes this month.

Given their record, that’s not very promising.

2 Likes

Epic fail on Wyze.all my devices have shown as offline for weeks now.
Huge disappointment
Support has been worthless as well.
Shame on you Wyze.

1 Like

I have a single v2 out of several that does this about every ten days. It was doing it every three or four days so… improvement?

Luckily, power cycling fixes it for me and though it’s remote I have a cooperative helper to do the deed on occasion.

1 Like

Ok, here’s one for the NEW MAVENS.

First time EVER.

Happened. Busy doing other things did nothing lived with it. FIXED ITSELF. :astonished:

BUT

My Night Vision setting changed simultaneously as well ??? From ‘On’ to ‘Auto’ - which it always used to be but I’d changed a few days prior to ‘On.’

Whaaaaaa?

Did you update the firmware? Sometimes that can mess with settings. See if it happens again, and if so get a device and an app log

1 Like

Nope. Totally passive. Just viewing cams mostly. Maybe they fixed it server side and it (the original prob) will never happen again?? And then they’ll fix the side-effect Night Vision toggle!!

And we’re GOLDEN!

Will monitor and submit upon further developments… :slight_smile:

Strange, keep me updated!

1 Like

Bah, went back to booboo the next day, sporadic, my least favorite… :angry:

Does anything change when you clear the cache?

Set night vision to on, see if it actually is on via live view. Wait until it toggles itself to auto, then see if it actually is on auto, via the live view. If so, try cleaning cache, and see if the toggle still says auto or if live view changed.

Lmk what you find. Very strange problem. I hate when it’s sporadic…

1 Like

Yeah, several seconds of my severely limited time remaining on earth vanish. :wink:

No, not really. And I’m not really worried about it, I forgot I have an extra Wyze plug I can plug the cam into (remote power cycle as necessary) and go my merry way, sidestepping sporadic demons.

Incidentally, some tweaker decided to shoot our dumpster wheel last night. It may have been self-defense, though. Benefit of the doubt. (Were there two, or three, 100 mph mad crashes in the last three days I’ve lost count… :roll_eyes: :newspaper_roll: )

3 Likes

Haha, yea those dumpster wheels can be pretty vicious sometimes, he was just defending his family.

Several?!? Where do you live!?!

Sorry we couldn’t figure it out, if anyone else reports it Wyze will prolly look into it.

1 Like

So Cal. No prob, like I say, just like to report any good news (fixed itself!) whenever possible. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Further good news. Since I ran the cam power through a Wyze plug I haven’t needed to power cycle it. :woman_shrugging:

3.5 weeks and counting… :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Still no fix for this?

1 update on my issue. Now ALL my cams are “offline” but not. I’ve updated to the new firmware, and updated the app. Caches have been flushed, everything rebooted, yadda yadda.

My ghost is gone. My plug, redeployed.

YMMV in the extreme.

Sympathy, old boy. I’ve ‘been there’ with other issues.

6 mos later, still an issue for some…

I’ve been lucky, it’s stayed fixed. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes