Cam Plus offer notifications, please make it stop!

Hello everyone,

I’m having an issue with the Wyze app where I keep receiving promotional notifications about Cam Plus even though I have explicitly disabled them in the app. What is the point of having these granular settings in the app if they’re just blatantly ignored?

Has anyone else experienced this issue? If so, how did you resolve it? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

1 Like

That isn’t an In App Notification, that is a Push Notification. In App Notifications happen when you are using the App.

The only setting for Push Notifications is at the very bottom of the Push Notifications UI, below all your cams and sensors. Promotional News and Updates. Try disabling that and see if it helps.

What notification channel are those coming in on?

Long press on the notification until it pops the dialog box, then click on the settings gear. The one highlighted should be the offending channel.

If it ISN’T the WyzeMessage channel, which you DO NOT want to disable, you can try disabling it to stop them.

Apparently I have all push notifications turned off in the app already. Wyze is just completely ignoring the setting and pushing the ads through. I’ll look into the notification channels on Android the next time I get an ad pushed onto my phone. Thanks.