Cam Pan Mount Fell Apart , Damaged Camera

Anyone else have their Mount fall apart ?

I bought a Cam pan Mount for my daughter awhile back she had it mounted up and After about a month
The adhesive failed , (which is Basically double sided tape ) where The metal disc is a Attached to the Mount .
Camera fell to the floor And the case is partially popped open now , It’s still works but she has been having trouble With the receptacle for USB on the back, Power gets disconnected .
She Gorilla glued the disk back on And I don’t think it’s going to fall off again now , But it seems to me it should have been glued on in the 1st place Or they need to get Some better adhesive tape .
She has not yet figured out how to pop the case back together .

First thing would be to file a support request on this, since if it’s the fault of the mount, I’m pretty sure Wyze would replace both the mount and the camera. But you knew that already, right?

That said, I’m a bit confused by your post because the Wyze Pan mount kit doesn’t use any adhesive/double sided tape. It is supposed to be screwed to the wall and the disk screws into the camera base and attaches to the mount magnetically.

Could you post some photos of where the mount failed?

The disk that screws to the camera is The magnet , The Mount has a metal disc in it To which The other part With the magnet Attaches to , You would not know That disk inside the mount is adhered to the Mount with double face tape unless It falls apart Or for some weird reason you pried it out of there .
She showed it to me while I was watching on camera, Unfortunately I neglected to tell her to take pictures of the part that fell off the mount before she glued it back together , She needed the camera and mount to be functional So she fixed it .
I hope that makes sense what I said , Someone that knows how the mounts are assembled Would surely know What I’m talking about

@Loki
Here is a pic of a mount I haven’t used yet .
The gray part is a rubber coated metal disc That is set into the Mount , Under that Is a disc of double sided tape That sticks the metal disc to the Mount .

1 Like

Okay, I get it now. I pulled one apart to get a better view (below). The gray part is a thin rubber sheet that is self-stuck down. Under that is a metal disk that appears to be 2-sided taped to the plastic base. I think you’re saying that the metal disk came unstuck from the base, taking the rubber sheet with it.

So the adhesive under the disk failed AND the adhesive where the gray rubber adheres to the white plastic in a ring around the metal disk also failed. Have I got it right?

I’m sure Wyze will want to know about this. I’ll pass it along.

As for snapping the case back together in the mean time, so photos of the separation would help.

3 Likes

We’re sorry to hear about this! Thank you for letting us know. If your daughter is interested, we would like to send replacements for both the mounting kit and the Wyze Cam Pan.

Could you please ask her to send in a support ticket and give me the ticket number so I can help out?

6 Likes

You got it right .
The metal part and the rubber part Fell off the mount and was stuck to the magnet on the camera .

1 Like

Thanks Gwendolyn I appreciate it .
Daughter is at work right now but I texted her about it, She will send in a support ticket When she gets a chance .
I can put some pics on here When she gets those taken , If you like , Or she could send them with The support request

1 Like

@Loki
Now look what you have went and done , now your going to have to glue that one back together :grinning:
Thank you to Loki, Appreciate it

2 Likes

@UserCustomerGwen doesn’t (in theory) work on Sundays, yet look who shows up in minutes. We appreciate that!

4 Likes

Yes Sir, she is on the ball , I don’t think you can find this kind of Customer support anywhere else

3 Likes

I do what I can! :slight_smile:

Please have your daughter include the photos in the support ticket. I’ll keep an eye out for a number from you.

2 Likes

Well she can send pictures But I found out last night she Was able to pop the case back together And she already glued the Disc back on the mount ,She’s kind of handy like that , So pictures won’t tell much of a story Now .
As far as I know the only problem with the camera now is It won’t stay powered on

1 Like

That’s still a heck of a problem. I’d still want us to send replacements to her just in case (and definitely for the camera not staying powered). Good for her for being handy like that! Though knowing her parent, I’m not at all surprised. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Gwendolyn
I will tell here to go ahead and send a support request .
I got her hooked on the cameras, I Gifted her a v2 then she went and bought 2 more cam pans.
They came in handy to keep an eye on a Mama cat That she is fostering Having babies , There were complications with that but Mama and 5 babies are doing good now

1 Like

You’re welcome! I’m so glad that Mama Kitty and the kittens are doing well! And that your daughter is (mostly) enjoying her Wyze experience. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks again Gwendolyn
Here is her ticket number Wyze Ticket 215180

1 Like

Thank you kindly! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you mostist kindly :blush:

1 Like

I did not read that correctly… -laughs- “Moistest kindly? Is that what the kids are saying these days?”

Anyway, always happy to help out!

1 Like