[BUG] Camplus and IOS Quality Issue

I’m looking for a way to report a bug. I’ve opened a support ticket, but I’m not sure they really understand the issue. I’ve tried the reddit sub, I thought I’d try here as well.

Issue: Clips downloaded from Camplus recording to my iphone download at 320p resolution, not 1080p. The recording look great in the Wyze app and are the full 1080p.

Details:

If I download a clip recorded by my WCO with camplus enabled the resulting file on my iphone is 568x320. I found during troubleshooting today if I remove the camplus license and let it record the default 12 second clips the resolution of the download is 1920x1080.
I’m downloading by clicking the download icon in the Wyze app
Two others have reported the same issue and they are on V3s.
All 3 of us are using IOS devices.
One user reports if he switches to an Android tablet he gets the full 1080p resolution.
My WCO is on Beta (4.171.35). One of the V3 owners reports being on Public (v2.18.21)

Thanks

1 Like

same here
Saving video from doorbell and get drop in resolution , not sure if its 720p or lower
but it is terrible looking
i dont see any setting to control it , looks to be fine on Android

its 1:1 crop

1 Like

I’m not sure if they are looking into this issue or not. I’ve posted it in several places and opened support tickets but there’s been no reply from Wyze.

im sure its not helping if other people saying its working , and they don’t do proper test or don’t have CamPlus at all…

but
if you have SD card in camera you can press “Playback” at the bottom of the event screen and it will take you to Playback from SDcard same spot/time and you can record from it in normal HD …

it will not work on doorbell as it got no SDcard

1 Like

I noticed it on my WCO because it also doesn’t record events to the SD card.

The other source of confusion is that it works on android. You can download the same clip to android and it’s 1080p.

If you have an android tablet or phone give it a try.

New Wyze doorbell owner here with iOS and on Cam Plus. I noticed that when I download the event to my phone it’s in SD or lower resolution, not as sharp as live view or what was saved online in the Events tab.

1 Like

Same issue either

https://forums.wyze.com/t/v3-download-share-quality-from-ios/175102/9

1 Like

I’d suggest everyone seeing this open a support ticket. The more reports, the better chance of them taking action on it.

1 Like

Yep, doing so right now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I trust moderators to pass the information out more than opening a ticket and wasting my time for nothing. If this problem irritated me, I would have given it to the staff for a while.

If you have a way to call attention to a mod for this issue I’m sure there are plenty of people who would appreciate it. I posted here to get attention. Another use posted the same issue on Reddit. I also posted on the FB page. No mod had acknowledged it in any of those places. I agree support is a long shot as my ticket there just basically died.

@WyzeBin
@WyzeAndy
@UserCustomerGwen
@Mods

Are you aware of this issue?

https://forums.wyze.com/t/v3-download-share-quality-from-ios/175102/9

1 Like

Why is the download and share quality so poor from IOS devices? Android seems to work just fine.

Issue was also discussed here, you are not alone::

1 Like

I just screencapture the playback instead of downloading the clip if I need good resolution.

Embrace the suck.

Well it is a pain in the A$$ but I did record a short video from play back from the V3 to my iPhone then emailed it to my PC. Results here: So I guess it is not an Apple/iOS issue?////////

@UserCustomerGwen is there any way we can have this investigated or at least added to the known bugs list? (https://wyzelabs.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360032747431-Software-and-Firmware-Known-Bugs)

I’ve experienced this bug on the iOS app since 2.16.23 back in January. The bug seems to undermine a major selling point of Cam Plus, especially for the Video Doorbell—since we can’t save HD quality event videos from the doorbell if it happens to capture any porch pirates or security events.

I’ve submitted this bug to Wyze Wizards twice, but both times they just said they’ll try to escalate the issue and I never hear back about it again.

Cam Plus is a really nice service, I just wish the download feature works on the iOS app.

Frankly it’s insane there’s no web interface to at least get downloads. Live view and camera control is harder, but just presenting the “cloud” recorded event clips in a browser for download is trivial.

Have you submitted a log?

You won’t get a response, but Wyze developers and engineers will look at it and work on fixing the issue.

Yes, submitted a log back on 2/16.

I wonder if there are any iOS users with Cam Plus who doesn’t have this issue? But I guess if you don’t try to download your Cam Plus events from iOS app, you won’t even notice it, and it seems to be a very small number of users who do that :pensive: