Bluetooth with Wyze Lock spotty

I just installed the Wyze Lock and like the features, but I have had trouble getting it to work correctly. The Auto un-lock feature does not seem to work reliably and I have some questions about how the bluetooth works. I have an I phone 11 with the lastest firmware as the main phone for my Wyze app and have shared the app with my family members, so they can get into the house. The bluetooth connection on my main phone does not seem to be on much of the time. While my apple watch seems to pair with the bluetooth on my phone everytime and immediatley, the lock only seems to pair with my phone once in a while and then only for a short period of time. I have tried moving the gateway, which hasn’t helped. Any suggestions as to how to keep a more reliable bluetooth connection. Additionally, does everyone who is sharing the app need to use bluetooth, or is it just on the main phone?

The Wyze lock uses Bluetooth low energy. So it won’t appear on your phone all the time only when you’re near the door. It’s not like headphones or speakers etc.

1 Like

Both my wife and I have not had the wyze lock ever auto-open since I installed it 4 days ago. I checked the blutooth on my note 4 and her note 9. The Wyze app is running in the background and the bluetooth is ON… Mine says that “geofence is on” hers does not give that constant notification. What is happening? Will they ever send a patch or update for this since I see on many forums that this is happening very frequent. Thanks for listening and thanks for your topical post of same problem.

1 Like