Wyze Lock Auto Unlock not dependable

I have installed my second Wyze Lock. There is an issue with Auto Unlock which is not dependable. Sometimes it works and sometimes not. I have deleted and reinstalled 3 times. I have it set properly to the property address as instructed. It seems to be getting worse rather than better now also. Wondering if there are any secrets to this? I leave my phone out so when i arrive home it should be very visible. The lock is to our home from the garage.

How far away from home do you travel when it doesn’t work? I know that if I take a walk around my neighborhood it doesn’t work, but if I come home from work it always works.

On usually within 3 miles. I noticed what you mentioned sometimes when i take a walk. I don’t think that’s the case right now.

Is Bluetooth enabled on your phone. It also requires Bluetooth to work.

Yes it is. I noticed this morning when i drove home and had the app open, the door did open as it should when i got in the garage. Not sure it is supposed to be open.

This is how it works for me. I drive 3 hours to my other home. I park, unload the car, and go up a flight and half of stairs to get to my door. Locked. Hands full I dig my phone out of my pocket, I open my Wyze app on my iPhone and try to unlock it and it says so I want to stop the Auto Unlock process. Seriously.

That is my consistent experience and I’m over it. Auto Unlock disabled for uselessness. There must be a bug or other configuration solution to make this function better.

And please before someone asks:

1. How far away did you go before returning? (See above)
  2. Is your Bluetooth on?? It’s required for it to work. Yes dear it’s on. Geolocation is also on.

It doesn’t work for me.

Out of the blue it started to work for me. Now i would say it works about 80% of the time. I didn’t do anything different. My newest issue is that it no longer gives my Android phone notifications but does give my wife’s iPhone notifications.