Bind Switch Error

Trying to add a Wyze Switch and get Bind Switch Error.
I have installed 7 of these switches with no problems. Been through the factory reset. Updated app.
Help. I have tried to set up this switch at least a dozen times.
Help

Sorry to hear of your issue @dankafka.

I am not finding a lot of info regarding the binding error, but as I understand, when you attempt to add the device the Wyze app discovers the switch during setup, but the switch is not able to connect via BLE to finish the setup.

You’ve already installed 7 that worked fine and you have attempted the 20 second hold of the Switch to factory reset it.

Which leads me to the connection between the Switch and the Device you are attempting to set it up on.

Have you tried toggling BLE on the phone off and on? Essentially resetting BLE
Have you tried rebooting the phone? Same as above but a little more gruff than just restarting BLE
If you have another device you could try the setup on, would that possibly work?

I have never ran into this issue personally and only see one other post referring to a binding error that had no follow up, just just throwing some ideas out there.

This thread is a little old but since I ran into this issue and landed here figured I should share what steps were taken and what helped me in case some one else arrives here.

What didn’t work:

• Resetting the Switch (preasing and holding for 20s until indicator light flashes quickly)
  • Turning off/on Bluetooth on Phone
  • Restarting Phone
  • Changing to another Switch (had spare)

What did work:

• Logging into Wyze Application on a different device and adding from there.

NOTE: Since this error is only during installation, once installed you can go back to original device for controlling the switch, adding rules and any other normal operations.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

@tinkerz
I am sorry you are experiencing this issue, could you submit a device log.

Recreate the issue. Then in the Wyze app, go to Account > Wyze Support > Submit a Log. Select your device from the dropdown menu. Then fill in the description box with the date, time, and time zone of the most recent time you noticed this issue and a description of what’s happening. Make sure the Send Logs option is selected and then submit your log. When you have the log number, please post it here as a reply to me so I can get it to the right folks.

I’m having the same issue as of tonight after resetting our router and on two switches. The problem is, prior to seeing this asking for logs, instructions everyone gave to reset the switch didn’t mention you lost logs. This seems like a new error for switches.
I’m on the beta app, but even someone not in beta can’t add the devices again.

I have the exact same issue - Reset the switch, restarted the phone, used another device and still have the same error message (Bind error)
Anything else that would work???

I had the same issue this morning. It would NOT add on either Pixel phone I have. I reset everything with the same result. I added the Wyze app to my wife’s iphone, logged in, and VOILA!! It added without issue. Seems to be an issue with using an Android device.

1 Like

I have the same problem with the bind error issue as everyone else here. Since I have been trying to set mine up using my Samsung S20 running Android 13, BT ver 5.0. When you stated that you used your wife’s iPhone and that was how you solved the problem I thought since I am not an iPhone user I would try my Samsung Tab S7 FE tablet running Android 13, BT ver 5.2. Same binding error. Then I tried my Motorola e5+ running Android 8.0, BT ver 4.2 and “BAM” it worked on the three switches that I just wired in. So, the difference between the iPhone, Motorola and Samsung could be the Bluetooth version it is running, the Android version or the phone manufacturer. Maybe the Wyze development team could look into this if they are monitoring this thread.

2 Likes

I’ve confirmed after two others posted that Bluetooth Version 13 and above won’t allow connection, but other versions will. (Thanm you so much @gmorris04

I have a Samsung 22Ultra that wouldn’t pair but an old S10+ that i haven’t allowed updates on in a year, has Bluetooth version 12, and it worked.
Pretty bad bug I hope they fix. I hope this helps you, too. Find an old phone, accept no updates for it, install the app, and proceed. Best of luck.
@WyzeJasonJ

1 Like

i have 2 switches both giving me “bind switch error” i have restarted Bluetooth and the devices. 2 phones and 2 tablets. still i get bind switch error. i have factory reset 4 times on each switch and repeated the reset Bluetooth and devices each time. i have reset the power breaker 2 times and repeated the steps above. still bind switch error. the devices go to the connecting screen and once it looks like it about to connect it errors out. please get this investigated and get a hotfix for the wyze app. the only common thing is that all of the wyze apps are the same app update. v2.43.5(313). Update: since theres clearly no fixing it now i turned all power back and tried again just to confirm and since both switches have power now it connects to both and asks which switch i would like to connect i pick either switch and i get "bind switch error " this is a software issue with the wyze app.

Ive got the same bind error on three switches i just installed. Ive done all the fixes innthis thread, none worked.
The only thing I didnt check is ble version on ny phone.

Horrible experience. I have had no issues with all my cameras and locks. Something is wrong with Wyze on this product.
Also, the tab for the ground connection broke off of one switch. Ill need to uninstall and send it back. It is a poor design. The aluminim is too thin at the bend, allowing the tab to break off completely.

1 Like

Is Wyze going to help us fix this Bind Switch Error? Feel like I’ve been ripped off.

1 Like

A Wyze team member has visited this thread and is asking for logs from those experiencing this issue so Wyze can assist with this issue.

If you are having this issue please submit a log in the Wyze App and share the log ID number here.

Pixel 6, tried rebooting phone and resetting switch

1 Like

You’ll have to use an iPhone/iPad or some other Android device that’s NOT updated or wait for Wyze to fix

It won’t let me submit a bug report because it won’t show me “wyze switch” as a product family, I am guessing since it is my first one I am trying to install.

Select Wyze App instead. Then in the Notes annotate that that you were trying to install a switch, and received the bind error.

Not sure if my first post with this was seen, I submitted log 1115129 yesterday about this issue

Same issue cannot set up switches!

Thankyou for the logs I will get them passed up.

1 Like