Bait & Switch?

I got an email today: February news flash which included the Outdoor Cam Solar Panel $19.99 and a $5.99 flat rate shipping. Yes, it does say that the price may vary in the app but it feels like bait & switch when I leave my desk top and go to the app to find out that the solar panels are $3 more in the app. So for the two solar panels I will actually pay more (yes, only one cent more–but still) than if I had stayed on the desktop. and I wasted five minutes figuring out what was going on and now another 10-15 minutes understanding that I had to create an account to write this message and write it.

I know that this seems petty but it is similar to Amazon charging $139 for Prime and then charging more for Prime products than the same non-prime product --just a little underhanded.

I have the same concern.

The February News Flash email I received today promoted the Scale S for $12.99 and flat-rate $5.99 shipping for unlimited number of items. But this is a catch-22. Apparently, the $12 scale promotion is only available if you order via the web; the $5.99 flat-rate shipping is only available if you order via the App. Who thought of this messed up marketing? I’d like to think this was a mistake, but my chat with Wyze support said “Only our developers can offer and modify promos from our app/website.”

This marketing trickery is not what I would expect from THIS company. And thus, I’m not placing an order via either App or website. I had planned to order several items with flat-rate shipping. I’m not going to pay $10 shipping for a single $12 item.

This is the first less than positive thing that I have had to say about Wyze and the first time that I have thought it would be useful to have a few thousand followers on Twitter and a few other social sites on which to express my feelings.

Oh, my God. The humanity!

1 Like

Slippery slopes…I remember when Google was trying not to be evil?

-tf

Why are the prices different for many items in the Wyze APP versus Wyze website? For example, 44mm watch is $29.99 in APP but $35.98 on website.