Android widgets enhancements

Simple bulb on/off widget is needed. Hue does this, and I miss it.

3 Likes

I like the 2X2, which show the status of my HMS. I also want the wydget to also show a pixel color status of a wyze contact sensor V2, which monitors my garage door.

Actually, home builders should display the status of yur garage door into the living area of yer home :house_with_garden: #sharktank

2 Likes

How about both 1x1 and 2x2 widgets with a dark mode theme, custom icon option, and a tap to toggle on/off?

3 Likes

+1 More size options please!

For me, the smaller the better. For example, the device list widget only needs to be big enough to show one device (1x2) and then I’m happy to scroll to find the device I’m looking for. Single device widgets should be 1x1. Better yet, make them as big as you like, but then allow me to freely resize them to a size that works for me, (I was actually able to do this the first time I added one, but then I accidentally enlarged it and I’ve never been able to shrink it again :man_shrugging:).

Update: After restarting my phone (Pixel 6Pro) and re-adding the device list widget I was able to shrink it down again to 2x2. Still too big, but better than the default 4x3.

3 Likes

Toggle on/off widget for smart devices

I’m going for a simple on/off toggle for smart devices. A 1x1 widget on Android. I have a switch if like to quickly see if it’s on or off from my home screen.

Request summary:

• Provide a 1x1 or 1x2 widget
  • Display on/off status on widget for smart devices (currently absent for Switch)
  • Allow on/off toggling directly from widget vs tapping widget then tapping on/off toggle in app device page.
3 Likes

I am surprised this isn’t an action item by default. Most other providers have a simple widget to “arm” and “disarm” their cameras. If the app already have built in rules, why can’t these be accessible on the widget

1 Like

I posted in another thread, but a 1x1 widget is standard on hundreds of thousands if not millions of Android apps. I know weed is legal in many places, and wonder how good is the stuff the devs are smoking ?
Here’s some instructions on how to FIX this…
https://developer.android.com/develop/ui/views/appwidgets/layouts

2 Likes

Yes!! This is exactly what i want, but for a device group of lights. I want a 1-tap button on my homescreen to turn my bedroom lights off or on without having to launch the app.

2 Likes

Have you considered using Google Action Blocks with Google Home to create a home screen button turn on or off your lighting group or device?

This seems like a very obvious widget to include, which would be more helpful than all of the widgets they have created so far.

3 Likes

I’m going to bump this because I’ve complained about the widget sizes before. The widget to include a single camera or single event is 2x3. You could fit three cameras in that space instead I have an oddly centered box with bunches of space on either side.

1 Like

The widgets are a joke. I got a banner in the Wyze app this morning advertising widgets, so I tried them out, hoping they would be useful for something, but all they are is a shortcut to the device that takes up way too much space. I don’t know how other people are seeing smaller options, but 3x3 is the only option on my Pixel 7 Pro and they can’t be sized down any after placing them. They can be made larger, but I don’t know why you would want to do that because all it does is increase the amount of dead space around the icon that doesn’t change size.

If be happy if we could just tighten up the space around the widgets. The Home Monitoring widget is roughly the size of the Walmart pay widget but takes up the times the real estate.

[Mod Note]: Your post was moved to the correct Wishlist topic for better visibility and consistency in grouping similar requests. Please remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button to show your support.

2 Likes

Widget for privacy of individual camera

Looking for a small 1x1 widget for a camera in a room I frequently am in for a short time to turn that camera off then on when I exit as a toggle function. Thanks Jeff