Android Version 2.5.36 Released!

Good evening. I received notice of the new version (2.5.36) but the play store is showing I am running 2.5.28 on my Samsung S9, and there is no new version available.

I’m not sure what problems the new version will fix, but I am having a problem for several weeks. When I click on an event from any of my 5 cameras, (with my phone upright) the video plays back but zooms to the top 25% of the full image. I can not pinch out to the full screen, but if I rotate my phone to landscape mode, the full image shows. After I go to landscape orientation on the phone, if I go back to portrait, the full image shows.

This has been happening since the most recent 2 updates were released close to each other.

Hopefully the new version will be available within a few hours, and that will fix my problem.

Go to the wyze app home page tap on Account then tap on About there you will see what version you have on your device.
If you have trouble updating to the newest app version uninstall the version you have , then go to the play store and search for Wyze cam and install the new app, it will show on the play store what version it is

1 Like

HDRock is right. The Play Store has the lastest app version!

PNG

As of midnight, Friday 10/1 1/19, Play Store is still showing 2.5.28 as the newest version.

Did you uninstall the app from your device first?
Are you in the beta program?

8am Ssturday. I uninstalled, and reinstalled from playstore.

Still ver 2.5.28, but my image problem appears to be fixed.

I am not in beta program.

Its a samsung galaxy A tablet andriod version 7.1.1 model smt350. System is up to date

Thanks for the follow up.

1 Like

Live video lag issue for me resolved, thanks guys!

2 Likes

Lag much improved, back to normal now, Thanks for the update Gwenolyn!

1 Like

Running much better since the update,lag problem fixed. Now if only I can receive motion notifications along with the 12 sec clip then my original issue can be fixed. Thanks for keeping us posted.

Me too. I reinstalled on tablet, still a lag. It’s now fine on my phone since the last update.

Not sure what else to do but remove it from my tablet.

You could uninstall that app from your tablet and run V2.4.82 you can find the file for V2.4.82 in link below to download and install it , make sure you uninstall the other one first and then make sure you turn off automatic updates.
One thing though with V2.4.82 you won’t have access to any plugs you might have.

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360009818512-Android-Wyze-App

1 Like

Thanks @UserCustomerGwen,

Another thing I wanted to mention concerning cam streams is that I’ve noticed the app hesitates when changing streams within the same session.

For example, I’ve configured (2) separate cam pan groups for my parents’ house. Often, connecting to the first group will be crisp, but when I back out to the main screen and choose the second group the cams can be very laggy, cams will eventually time-out, etc. However, when I back all the way out of the app or close it and go back into the second group, they all come up right away. The same is true when changing from a group to an individual cam and vice versa. This doesn’t happen every single time, but I’ve definitely noticed it since the app went to v2.5.28.

Posting this here since many of the streaming fixes are focused on the current release. Can send logs if necessary, but figured many already have for similar trouble.

1 Like

Is hardware acceleration back?

They addressed the lag issue due to the Hardware Acceleration removal with this new app release. See post #1

Android 2.5.36

• Improved the video lag issue when viewing the live stream, Playback, or Event videos

No. I was told since hardware acceleration didn’t affect a lot of users they were not going to try and bring it back.

2 Likes

Good to know.

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Wyze app “crash” every time I return from camera to camera list on Huawei devices

No issues anymore!
Running S8 on Pie, Nexus 4 on Pie, Tab S2 on Nougat.

Enhanced task scheduling could also be a component of the hub concept… :upside_down_face: