Android Notifications

I know this is not necessarily specific to Wyze, but I thought you guys could help.

I have a Samsung S9+, with the Wyze app running on it. I set audible notifications, as sort of a poor mans security system so that I would know when any sensors were tripped in the middle of the night.

Unfortunately, this doesn’t seem to work. When I wake in the morning and my phone detects movement, I get multiple notifications from throughout the night.

Do you know if there is some setting on the phone that I’m missing to cause this?

I’ve checked the notifications in the OS and everything is on, as well as making sure that the Wyze app is not in the sleeping apps list and Data saver is not on.

2 Likes

I have the same problem with my S8+. It’s an issue of Google and Verizon deciding what is best for me, regardless of what configuration I set. :frowning:

1 Like

Well, I didn’t say I was on Verizon, which I am, that lends credence to your response. I was hoping for a fix but if there isn’t one, well I’ll come up with something else.

Thank you

same issue here from time to time, and its not a Samsung thing. I rock an LG and get this too. I think its mostly a google OS feature intended for conservation between both battery and data. although the data saver is there the conservation of memoory and battery messed a lot up, the newest android did A LOT of changes that were hardly talked about and had a lot of unintended consequences for apps.

I cant even find Wyze in my DND settings to white or blacklist it…:frowning:

simplicity is not the name of the game anymore…

Yes, Android Pie changed a TON of things in my phone that I’m still trying to track down and figure out. :frowning:

1 Like

ditto! im still upset on one thing that was changed MANY versions ago…

third party apps used to be able to control the data on/off switch. i used an app so that I could turn the data on when the screen is on, and when screen was off I had it set to turn data on for 1 minute every 20 minutes. it saved so much battery, my phone didn’t heat up, and I didn’t have facebook alerts every 4 seconds ( that was much more “sanity saving”) and an app like the Wyze app could’ve been white listed…buuuuttt noooooo

if they brought back one feature on android, that’s the one I want back. for all I know it is back and I haven’t been able to find it in the cluttered mess of new features that is new android lol

2 Likes

Thank you, Googoo, for the switches that don’t actually do anything. I’m going to call them ‘pacifiers.’

Like an infant suckling a rubber teat, they keep a user busy and hopeful but ultimately unsatisfied.

Hi.

First post, but this problem annoys the living s**t out of me. I finally found something that works.It’s called Push Notifications Fixer. I hate to have to use it, but it’s better than nothing.

No root: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.andqlimax.pushfixer.noroot&hl=en_US
Root: https://apkpure.com/root-push-notifications-fixer/com.andqlimax.pushfixer

In a nutshell, it wakes your phone up by default every 5 minutes so 3rd party notifications will come through. I have mine set for 5 minutes, and I haven’t noticed any battery hit.

I was running the no root version, but just installed the rooted version so I don’t know if that’s going to make any difference or not.

Brian

4 Likes

I know this may sound strange, but I also have an S9+, encountered the same problem and spent hours trying to get this to work to no avail. Yesterday, I found that if I have the audio on a cam feed turned “on”, it mutes my audible event notifications. I took me a while to figure this out because I’m monitoring my feeds on a 10" tablet and have the audio turned on for one of the cams. I hit mute on the cam feed from my tablet to take a phone call and I suddenly started hearing audible notifications on my phone. I thought it was a coincidence that muting a cam feed on my tablet would somehow affect audible notifications on my phone. But it does, because the audio cam feed preference is cloud-based so it migrates to any device under the same account. I don’t know if this is Android-specific, Samsung-specific or carrier-related, but give it a try. Mute the audio for your cam(s) and then trip a cam notification.

2 Likes

I apologize if I created a misunderstanding here… it’s not a “no notifications” thing. Rather, it’s a “no audible alert of event notifications” thing. I’ve never experienced missing or complete lack of event notifications. It’s a little difficult to know I have a notification without an audible alert. It’s merely the lack of audio that was a problem for me. I think that’s what the OP was trying to convey, but I may be mistaken.

1 Like

Okay, thanks for clarifying. I think it was my misunderstanding and not yours. Your notifications were coming through without an audible alert, but it is working now after you muted the cam feed.

Most likely is a bug that needs fixed. Glad you discovered that and maybe others can give it a try and see if it works for them.

It’s either a Wyze app bug or the intent of Wyze. I tried different combinations today using Samsung, Lenovo, Motorola and HTC devices all running different flavors of Android. Got the same “no audible alert of notification” in all cases. Perhaps it was Wyze’s intent… related to the “can’t play audio for multiple feeds” issue. Haven’t tried this with Apple products and probably won’t as I now know how to resolve my problem.

Another oddity that is related and points to Wyze intent vs bug… even though I get no audible alert of event notification when a feed’s audio is active, some of my devices did vibrate. :thinking:

1 Like

That is definitely weird. I use an LG Android phone, a Samsung tablet, and iPad. On all three devices, I have always had audible alerts with the notifications. It is so mysterious why some have issues and others don’t. It really doesn’t make any sense to me. :man_shrugging: I have all the Wyze products and all of them work without a single issue, yet others can’t get them to work at all.