Allow more than 1 Wyze watch of same size per account

Why is there a limit???

Liking the bigger screen, I bought a pair of 47ā€™s - one for me and one for my wife - the app now says it only supports one-of-each-watch at a time so ā€¦ I can have a 47 and a 44, but I canā€™t have two 47ā€™s or two 44ā€™s??

Please support multiple watches on one account.

3 Likes

This is a must have! I have 3 of the watches. I know itā€™s beta, so itā€™ll come soon enough, but we can have multiple cameras, so we should have multiple watches.

5 Likes

You can only allow ONE watch per account and need to create a new accounts for the additional watches.

@Dazzle Welcome to the Wyze community! :slightly_smiling_face:

Your submission has been merged to an existing #wishlist topic. For your VOTE to count, donā€™t forget to tap the vote button at the top left of this thread.

1 Like

Incorrect.
You can allow one of each size.

Gonna post my response from another thread here.

"Just got my 2 today. One for me and one for my Dad. I have an account and set up all our cameraā€™s and everything on it. We both have separate phones and apps but when I go and try to set up his watch on his phone [totally separate from mine, other than the account] it yells at me you can only have one watch linked at a time. Burns me up too, weā€™ve been waiting months for these and you canā€™t have two watches on the same account? Come on! Ugh!

Going to have to make a whole separate account for him now and share all the cameras and everything and hopefully then he can sync his watch. What a hassle that makes no sense."

3 Likes

I just got two Wyze watches for my twin boys. They love them but theyā€™ve been a real pain to use. One complete blocker was that I had to create a new wyze account on my wifeā€™s account just so I could set up the second watch. You canā€™t have two watches per wyze appā€¦ ridiculous. how do you expect two spouses to have watches and still have access to all of the cameras? my wife has now been cut off from the rest of the devices!

Almost as bad as making person detection a complete rip off with a per camera charge.

1 Like

My wife and I both got the larger watches - we created a new account to put her watch on, and shared the cameras to it - now both accounts have full access tho the cams and can control pan on our pan cam ā€”- Warning: if you have 2 phones on one account - remove Bluetooth devices from the phone they are connected to - things get awkward if the watch is booted from the account by /not itā€™s phone/

I know, this was my issue as well. You can add Wyze Watch 47 and 44 but you canā€™t add two of the same model. I created another account and shared our cameras with the other persons account. A bit of a pain but hopefully Wyze can fix this problem.

I just got the Watch 44 for my wife and the Watch 47 for myself. I have several other Wyse devices already configured in my existing Wyse account and I pondered whether I should just set up both watches in my existing account and log the Wyse app in on my wifeā€™s phone under my existing Wyse account, or whether I should create a separate account for her. I decided to just use my existing account (perhaps laziness?). I added both watches to the account, installed the app on her Android phone, and all has seemed to be just fine for the last couple of days. However, today I happened to discover that with both watches configured in the same Wyse login it wonā€™t let you have seperate ā€œpersonal infoā€ (sex, weight, height, etc) for each watch. Change that info for the Watch 44 and that info now shows for the Watch 47. Since my wife and I are (thankfully) quite different in size, that just doesnā€™t work.

I am going to create an account for my wife, delete her 44 from my account, and add it to her new account. And then share the other Wyze devices from my account to hers. But it would be a lot simpler if multiple watches in the same account could have ALL of their own individual information, including the personal information.

1 Like

Be sure if your watch is paired with your phone, and her watch is paired with her phone even though they are both paired with the same account - use the paired phone (her phone) to remove the paired watch (her watch) from the shared account Before you create her account.
WARNING: if you delete her watch from your phone, it gets awkwardly orphaned ā€¦ still thinking it is connected to the phone though the account no longer sees it :flushed:

FBECKERJR: Thanks. Havenā€™t done it yet but that is how I had planned to do it. Hopefully it will all go smoothly.

1 Like

We have 5 wyze watches in our family. Weā€™d like all five members to be able to use wyze shortcuts to control our wyze ecosystem, but with each watch needing itā€™s own app, we have to cross share the devices for access.

Us parents also want to manage the watches using a single app so we can help the kids use the watches better.

3 Likes

I found this out yesterday. My wife and I have two Wyze Watch 47 and I couldnā€™t add both to the same account. WTF?!?!? So I had to create & setup a whole new account for my wife, and then share my devices to her account. But now she doesnā€™t have access to the Security Monitoring on her account. All this horse doo doo just to add a second Wyze Watch 47.

3 Likes

Why canā€™t I activate and use more than one watch 47 for my Wyze account. I bought two, one for my wife and one for me. To use the health and fitness capabilities. Ridiculous that you can add mini cameras and rename them for each room. And you canā€™t have more than one watch to monitor different people for their health and fitness tracking. Kind of defeats the purpose of selling the watches, if you can only use one per family. My wife and I share the app for the cameras and security systems on each one of our phones. The security issues could be solvedā€¦ watches could be linked to same account separated by naming each watch or associating with the phones number of each phone.

1 Like

Not being able to use two watches on the same account. And splitting (creating a new separate account) would in-cure new additional charges for ā€˜Cam+ā€™ since it is only active on one camera and one account.

The Cam+ is tied to the camera - notifications (person detection - etc) can be sent anywhere - I spun up a separate account for my wifeā€™s watch and shared all the cameras with her - she still gets all notifications and can even pan our pan cameraā€¦ no extra charge.

This seemed like a bigger issue than it turned out to be - no extra fee - just a couple clicks to share some cameras - removed her headphones from my Main account and added them to hers ā€¦ I grinded my teeth about this for a week before I bit the bullet ā€¦

Pro tip: if you have 2 phones on one account and you need to remove a watch - click remove from the phone it is connected to (insert embarrassed smiley) so the Bluetooth connection etc cleans up too - otherwise the watch gets ā€¦ orphaned? - if you get a watch that wonā€™t connect /where you want it to/ because you /connected it some other place already/ just do a reset on it (another thing that proved much easier after it was done than I thought it would be) - it will connect like it is fresh out of the box :slight_smile:

When we had to create a second account for my wife just so she could connect her watch, hereā€™s what happened. Sure, I can share the cams, but she canā€™t access the video now if she wants to view playback. Sure, I can share the front door Wyze lock, but she canā€™t get notifications when someone enters the house at this point (that isnā€™t an option with the shared individual unless Iā€™ve missed something). This issue created a whole lot of complications that arenā€™t necessary if you just allow two or more of the same size watches to be on the same account. Or, generate different privilege tiers for sharing devices with others, like full admin privileges for certain users. That would be optimal of course. :slightly_smiling_face:

Welcome back!
This is currently on the Wishlist too: