Allow Canadians to buy direct from Wyze

As per trecar’s comments. Don’t get hung up on warranty and supply issues in Canada or Mexico. The darn things work just fine and if you have any problems installing there is always help. Also for the price I can throw several away and still be way ahead of anything else. I have now installed 13 in canada for friends and neighbors without a hitch. The 2/4 deal on Amazon Canada is a great price and I had same day delivery on one order :slight_smile:

The 2 pack is still offered in Canada at 73.73. All in which still makes it a pretty good deal. One camera is never enough for a dedicated geek anyway !

Hi guys!
I really wish that your products Will be able soon in Quebec.
I bought my first wyze cam by Amazon, but I prefere to Buy IT directly from you.
I also want to Buy more of your products, but they are not available for us.

1 Like

@UserCustomerGwen any word on shipping to Canada yet?

1 Like

Not yet. I know that we’re still navigating the shipping costs and legal requirements.

Would LOVE to see them available to Canada! The amazon markup is ridiculous. I only have 1 cam, but would buy LOTS more if I could buy directly from WYZE for a small markup and free shipping. :purple_heart:
You cam & software works perfectly up here!

1 Like

The 2 pack deal on Amazon Canada is only about a 6 or 7 $ premium and you can have them tomorrow. I have bought several from this source and all is well

If you grab them when amazon canada has a sale the price difference is pretty negligible. The lowest I saw for the V2 in canada was $32.25 CAD with free shipping if you have prime. Wyze rarely has free shipping so if you bought from Wyze and lived in the US its $25.99 USD with shipping for a V2. $25.99 USD converted to CAD is $34.05. The current price of the V2 on amazon.ca is $39.99 CAD that isn’t really a huge markup from the US price. Whenever Wyze allows Canadians to buy direct from them I imagine the shipping cost will be higher than what they charge to ship within the US.

As others have pointed out, the current price of a V2 is >$34 Canadian. We pay about $40. I doubt Wyze would get it to us any cheaper.
I wish Wyze would honor their warranty for cameras sold through Amazon Canada. They aren’t refusing the money. :slight_smile:

its been awhile …how to jump on here? I have questions about setting up.

It’s not a premium. It’s to pay for all the free.

1 Like

I’m sorry the word premium was not accurate in my comments. I feel that the price from the Amazon Canada source is very fair a d the minor difference must cover the costs involved in getting them here. Shipping anything within Canada is nuts without the Amazon network making it work.

2 Likes

Without going through the economics of it all, shipping selling is nuts because the cost of doing business is by necessity (the free) higher in Canada, because unlike private companies, the ones that raise that cost of doing business don’t have to respond to market forces.

1 Like

Of course if you want to look back you have to have a cloud subscription service for 5 bucks a month. What part of this makes good sense.

1 Like

Doesn’t the subscription only extend the warrenty one year? So you get two years warrenty maximum on each device? I do see that there is lifetime theft protection.

If someone is running nine Wyze Cams vs nine ring Cams I’m not sure ring clearly comes out ahead.

Prices are in USD:

9 indoor ring cams would be $540 (could be much higher if some are the outdoor cams/floodlight cams) with an additional $100/year to be able to record. I don’t have any ring products but it seems like the features locked behind the pay wall are almost mandatory if you have the product.

9 Wyze cams would be $234. Lets say you put a $15 SD card in each so +$135. That puts you at $369 with no additional subscription fees and is a totally viable system.

So if someone were to go the Wyze route the inital cost would be $171 less in upfront costs and $100/year less in subscription fees.

If person “R” were to purchase 9 Ring indoor cams and the subscription on day 1 and person “W” purchased 9 Wyze V2s, 9 SD cards and 9 CMC subscriptions on day 1. Person W will be spending less money than Person R for the first 33 months (~2.75years) before R comes out ahead.

In my opinion just running V2’s with SD cards + a few Wyze Motion Sensors ($6-$20 each depending on how many bridges you need) is practical enough. If CMC is needed chances are CMC would not be necessary for all nine cams.

Looking at the price break down and what the ring subscription offers it comes down to how much you value 24/7 monitoring and lifetime anti-theft protection.

1 Like

The failure rate your stating is a pretty large assumption I don’t think any company would still be in business with a 20% annual failure rate. Many users have thier cameras outside (voiding warrenty anyway) without any issues. If any of those 9 ring cameras are outside I think the lifetime warrenty would also be void. If any of those 9 are the outdoor version the initial cost jumps way way up pushing the breakeven point way further.

As for the video and sound quality between the two I can’t comment since I haven’t used the ring products.

I’m not saying Wyze is a better camera or that the Ring is in anyway bad. If the ring system works well for you that’s great. It’s like comparing a Lexus with a Toyota. Is the Lexus better? Probably. Does it have more options and features? You bet. Can the Toyota do 90% of what the Lexus can do at a fraction of the cost? You may not think so but I think many would disagree.

Personally I’m very happy in Canada with my 3 V2s with SD cards, 3 motion sensors, 2 contact sensors and no monthly subscription for about $220 CAD all in.

If you ever decide to return I’ll likely still be here!

Cheers and good luck!

3 Likes

Can we go to the states to buy this stuff?

1 Like

Sure, Home Depot sells Wyze products.

2 Likes

Thanks for fielding this question, angus.black!

1 Like

This has been asked many times, but how hard is it to add shipping to Canada possible? There are these places where you simply give them a box with an address, and THEY take care of getting it to the customer. It’s amazing. They have names like USPS, UPS, Fedex etc.

2 Likes