Alexa Wyze Skill for Outside North America

I have a lot of tech in my home and most of it is connected to Alexa, I use a smart plug to turn on my Wyze cam but the lack of ability to connect it with Alexa is a disappointing failure by an otherwise enthusiastic technology company.
Opening up full capabilities to your numerous costumers in the UK and rest of Rurooe seems such a small effort on your part.

Thanks, Tony

Why I can’t use Wyze and Alexa in Brazil?

I bougth the bulbs in USA and brougth it to Brazil :frowning:

Now, I can’t use with alexa.

Other brands, works.

I would assume for this same reason

1 Like

Welcome to the community, @luancarvalho.dev. I have moved your topic to the relevant #wishlist topic. You can vote for it at the top-left. :slight_smile:

Moved my account setings to USA now I can use it :smiley:

2 Likes

How do you do that?

Wanna post a step-by-step of how that’s done? It may help others who have the same problem

I guess you have to switch to is amazon account. To get this

That would be a Amazon question I’m afraid …

Not exactly true. The reason it’s not available is because Wyze is only available in the US. That’s Wyze’s choice. They just haven’t expanded internationally yet. Wyze has only made its Alexa integration available to the US because it wants to have “Works With Alexa” status which would require them to maintain a European cloud stack if they wanted to support Europe, for example.

Hi
Same situation here north of the border in Scotland some 6 cameras and unable to activate the Alexa skill for the Wyze Cam.
Excellent cameras but could be improved with the Alexa skill being activated here in UK (Europe).Fingers crossed for the future.

Welcome to the community, @tonygahagan. I have moved your comment to the relevant #wishlist topic. You can VOTE for it at the top-left.

Search Wishlist (enter your search word/s after #wishlist in the search box)
Search Roadmap (enter your search word/s after #roadmap in the search box)

Please read through How to Use the Wishlist and How to Read the Roadmap.

1 Like

Access your amazon account in a computer, change your locations setting to USA and install the WYZE skill on your amazon account using the computer.

I am living in Canada but my amazon address and location was france (my previous location) , so after fixing the issue with alexa live agent , it is resolved and is fixed.

It is exactly the same in my case. I am so pissed off.

change your location in your amazon setting or contact alexa customer service, its work for me

Hi
Thanks for the reply.
I have tried changing locations and also tried using a VPN so far no success.

Note to all that there is an inherent Problem with changing your Amazon setting to the US.

All digital content bought in another AppStore is no longer available nor, special offers like free Kindle books. Furthermore country specific Apps (at least in Germany) disappear as Alexa functions.

YOU SHOULD MAKE THE WYZE SKILL AVAILABLE ON THE ALEXA APP SO OTHER COUNTRIES BESIDES THE USA CAN LINK THEIR WYZE CAM WITH ALEXA.

I LIVE IN MEXICO AND THE WYZE SKILL IS NOT AVAILABLE :sob:

Well, for me the Wyze love story ends because of the alexa skill, i already gift my wyze cam pan to my brother and bought the reolink e1 pro for less price and way better Picture quality than the cam pan, and for my country (Mexico) the skill is available and can use it with my echo devices outside USA. wyze is a great product company but with a small global vision, maybe in the future i will try it again.