Alexa won’t show live feeds

Thanks @spamoni ! As I’m sure you know, this isn’t user error (as far as I can imagine) and the camera in my case is still assigned successfully to Cam Plus Lite (and does work with person detection in the app).

1 Like

Yea, need to do some extensive testing. May need to tap into the inlaws and see if there Alexa will work. They have Wyzd Cameras with Cam Plus Lite only.

Will do it remotely and see if they notice… :slight_smile:

1 Like

I know you were in this thread, but check out some of my findings when I was testing this.

Seems to be a fair amount of issues going on with the V3s and Cam Plus/Lite licenses with Alexa and how the skill is interacting between the two services.

1 Like

Yea, I have submitted and escalated to Wyze. Have not heard anything yet.

1 Like

Having same problem here Have tried every
thing mentioned above this point with no success.Hoping there will be a solution soon because other than this hitch my wyze products are great for the price!

Success! Followed what @R.Good requested earlier in this thread

Instantly I was able to view both my cam - v3’s on my show 8. Of course, I installed all updates to the cameras,app, and firmware before I tried the Cam Plus Lite option.

EDITED: to include @spamoni

2 Likes

I actually have. Cam Plus. And still can’t get it to come up with an SD card. I’ve unplugged, replugged, moved them, reloaded then. Turned my Alexa off, made sure everything was up to date, refreshed them, even flashed one. What I don’t get is why is it none of mine will show.

I tried Alexa again this morning and it’s back to not working. The Show8 buffers momentarily then goes to the home screen :confused:

Well it is working again today! Hopefully yesterdays glitch was just a hiccup after the addition of cam plus lite.

Well this was a surprise. Did not know that the Wyze skill link to Alexa would expire. Some trigger disconnected/disabled my long existing link. Simple to re-link, but must have occurred several days ago.

I have half a dozen separate routines, that daily on the hour, each call up one of my Wyze cams, just so I can do a quick look-see. When my Show 8’s would attempt to bring up a Wyze cam view, the Show would report, I needed to enable the Wyze skill. I dismissed that in my head, because I’ve had this skill enabled for years. But on a informed by Show, hunch, I checked. Yep, sure nuff, the skill was unlinked, with a note above it informing me, the skill had expired. ??? Never knew that would occur.

And that folks is the reason for this post. Save yourself some trouble. Unlink and Relink now, so you know the status and it doesn’t sneak up on your when you least expect it or when its down.

1 Like

That is weird. I ran some searches and found that this apparently happens a lot with Alexa skills (not just Wyze), something to do with refresh tokens. I read that access tokens are supposed to last for 365 days and then be able to do a refresh token, but apparently there are bugs where sometimes it expires earlier and some have problems where the refresh token doesn’t work right. Lots of devs asking about this online and why it’s not working right with some of their users. Interesting. I didn’t get too far into into it, I think there are solutions to resolve the refresh token issue though.
Thanks for pointing it out.

2 Likes

You sir, are welcome. Thank you for the thanks.

The good news about this bad thing, is it gives us a warning. Not before, but once its occurred, we are told each time we try to use Wyze Skill from a command, that the skill is not enabled. And we need to enable it. Its quite clear, to me, that you understand that. But I am saying it again, hoping my repeat emphasizes it so it will “ring a bell” when the next person encounters it and (just like me) doesn’t pay attention for a week, why its not working :slight_smile:

1 Like

I reported your issue in today’s Fix it Friday event so Jason can pass on the feedback to the appropriate team:

2 Likes

I have the same issue and have tried all of the solutions to no avail. I have 8 v3 cameras. Seven have no issues and stream to Google nest and to Alexa. One will not stream to either. Google nest just shows black screen with Wyze logo and Alexa says “Live view unavailable”

Ticket and logs submitted: 2921361

FYI, Wyze just launched some beta firmware to help address the issues people have been experiencing with Google/Alexa streaming. So there is a fix on the way. Those who don’t want to wait can sign up for beta and try it sooner. But keep in mind, things are “Beta” for a reason…means they are currently going through testing.

2 Likes

Just tested on Google Nest and it is able to stream now. Will go test on my Alexa and report back.

EDIT

Just tested on Alexa and streaming works as well.

3 Likes

Edit: Update

4 Likes

I have about a dozen V3’s and V2’s. I routinely use my Echo Shows to view these cameras. Sometimes each works and next time it may not. I often pull up the image on my phone app and its working okay. I don’t have an explanation why it works or doesn’t work.

I can though identify at least one difference. I have 4 Echo Shows; 2 each 1st Gen and 2 each 2nd Gen. I have about a dozen Alexa routines setup. Each of these routines, command Alexa to show a cam on a Show, hourly. I rotate on the hour one of the cams to two of the shows. One is a 1st gen and the other a 2nd gen.

I have noticed that a Wyze V3 will show on 1st gen more often successfully than the 2nd gen. At first, I thought it might be just time and place, that it might be that cam was having a connection issue. So, I would swap the show to the other model, and Play the Routine. Sometimes, I would just slide the time up on the same cam to different show and let the schedule run the routine. Most (not all) the time, when I used the 1st gen show, it worked.

Incidentally, I have so many routines, because I use the Custom choice in the routine. and the Custom choice command must be the last line of the routine. So, it won’t allow but one Custom per routine. I have tried stacking multiple “Show commands” in the same routine, but to do so, I must use the “Say” action to trigger Alexa to accept the voice command each hour. Alexa doesn’t like that. So, most of the time or all the time, a routine with multiple Show Camera actions simply would not work.

1 Like

As you can see on my earlier post, I thought the Show 8 1st gen was better at displaying Wyze cams than 2nd gen. To help prove my best guess, I bought an Show 8 1st gen and set it up. Works just like the first one I had. There’s something different between the 1st and 2nd gen Show devices, so Wyze cams view successfully more often.

Just sharing what I know.

Excellent information. Thank you! Very useful for me!