Alexa won’t show live feeds

Added Cam Plus Lite. Did not work with that either.

3 Likes

When I look at the camera in my list of devices, the v3 cam specifically says “Live view unavailable in Alexa app” next to it, which none of the other Wyze cams do. If I tap one of the older (v1/v2) cams, I immediately see the camera view, but if I tap the v3 cam, it takes me to the camera settings page instead.

I have cam plus (not lite), currently on two of my V2 cams, not my v3. I can switch it around if that part is relevant in some way. It hasn’t historically made any difference in which cams I can view through the verbal command though, my V2 cams all show up, whether they’re on Cam Plus or not. Is that something that would make a difference with the newer models?

Ticket 2789343 submitted. I referenced this forum thread in the ticket, to help them know what all has been done as well.

I’m starting to think the v3 doesn’t work with Alexa all that well. Mine does the same thing. It goes to the camera settings page without a live feed. If you look at the skill reviews, there are a ton of complaints. I’m not seeing any issues with the v2. So thinking of returning the v3.

If you go to the Amazon listing for the Wyze v3 and search the reviews for Alexa Show, you will get 10+ other reviews with people stating the same. Here’s one for example:

All previous versions of these cameras would allow you to view them directly on your fire stick, echo display, fire cube, or fire tablets -all directly through an Alexa command so you could just say the name of the camera you wanted to view. This was a fantastic feature that adds terrific value to the product line.
These latest cameras won’t do it. You see a message next to them in Alexa that tells you it won’t work. I’ve checked Wyze support forums, and it appears people told them this over a year ago and they STILL haven’t fixed the problem, they just don’t seem to care about fixing it at all.

1 Like

Thanks

Please note, the V3 Cameras work for me and others.

I provided a list of the ones I re-tested today.

here is the list I looked at:

• Cam V2
  • Cam V3
  • Cam V3 pro
  • Video Doorbell Pro
  • Pan V3
  • OG-S
  • OG-T
  • Video Doorbell v1 (Streams the correct way)

I can look at others if needed

1 Like

Yeah, it seems to a be a hit and miss for people. But there’s definitely a ton of other people complaining about the same thing. I rarely ever complain, but if an item advertises itself as working with a certain item (Alexa), it should work without any hiccups. I, and others are having to re-name the camera, disable and enable the skill, remove it from Alexa, etc.

If it doesn’t work 50% of the time, then there’s an issue. Just chiming in that I appreciate all the responses and hope this gets resolved for others and I.

Thanks!

1 Like

I did escalate this and reached out as well.

Will see if a response is provided soon

2 Likes

I’ve gotten an initial response from support, but it’s effectively the old “have you tried turning it off and on again” shtick. I went through their steps before responding and hey -now my V2 cams don’t even work through it. Great!

So far support’s advice has literally BROKEN something that worked and fixed nothing. Hoping they can fix this or I may have to “escalate” it myself.

1 Like

Please do, @spamoni . I’m sure this is related directly to the issue of Alexa Announcements not working with V3s and Cam Plus Lite. And as you can see in the thread I linked, I have tried all your suggested approaches and then some.

2 Likes

Will do. Did you happen to call and get a ticket number?

2 Likes

Well… That was fun.

In roughly a day, they’ve exhausted everything they know to do by running me through the same steps already posted here in the forum. They’re passing it over to the ‘offline engineers’ to look at, with no eta whatsoever, and what effectively amounts to “Don’t ask us about the fix, can’t help you. We’ll… probably update the general firmware with a fix at some point, probably, maybe. No idea if or when. Let us know if it magically starts working at some point between now and the end of time.”

Before contacting support I had working V2 cams, and issues with V3 cams that didn’t work properly. Now that I’ve followed the instructions from you and Support, I have zero properly working cams.

I’ve played your game, I’ve come out the other side even worse for wear, and I’m calling it. This company is terrible, they are literally incompetent. And you telling people to contact the service team is downright irresponsible.

No. I really don’t have the appetite for dealing with tech support when I know it will be many,many minutes of my time with a chance of success at roughly 0.0%. I have actually never contacted Wyze support in any form. (Nothing against Wyze particularly - all tech support is mostly useless if you have any idea what you’re doing.)

This is very much a known issue and if there were any real current solution it would have shown up in the forum by now. Carver did say he’d bring it up for Fix It Friday though.

1 Like

No problem. I got the other tickets escalates.

1 Like

Probably a good idea to return,
My Wyze cams worked fine with the Alexa shows for years but now the sound is lost to some crackle sounds for the last 1-1/2 years on 2 Cams and 2 Pan Cams.
Seems like they lost their talent base to keep their products working with Alexa, or maybe don’t care about their customers after they make the sale, not sure, but I’m done waiting for them to fix stuff that used to work excellent a couple year ago, and no longer works on all 4 of my Wyze cams both old and new. :weary:
I got Rin* cams to replace them and they are flawless with working sound as well as “MUCH” better wireless connection to my router, and much better notifications and settings on sensitivity & alerts.

Unfortunately, I purchased the new ones over the past summer when they were discounted, and did not open the new ones until this past week. So despite them being literally brand new, they’re outside the return window, and I don’t imagine Wyze’s customer service team for returns is any more helpful than the team that handles technical issues.

Which is to say that knowing THEM, I’d wind up sending the camera back, and getting a charge instead of a refund.

I’m not sure if this information is helpful or not, but I have a number of V2, V3, and a Pan Cam V2 and a Pan Cam V3, that are all listed in the Alexa app on my phone. The Pan Cam V3 was just setup and discovered by Alexa earlier this week. The others have been setup and in Alexa for several months already. 2 of the V3s and the Pan Cam V3 are on Cam Plus, and the rest are on Cam Plus Lite.

I have tried to see if every camera brings up a live display in the Alexa app on my phone (Android): All display the live view in the Alexa App, except the Pan Cam V3 - it just goes to the device settings page in the Alexa App, and right on the list of camera devices page, it even says “Wyze - Live view unavailable in Alexa App”.

I also have a WUUK doorbell cam, and it tries to bring up the live view, but it eventually times out with an error message “Live view isn’t available right now. Please try again later”.

And I had some Amazon Cloud Cams, and now have some Amazon Blink Mini cams that replace them, and they all say and do the same thing as the Pan Cam V3: that live view is not available in the Alexa App, and they go immediately to the device settings page. So even Amazon’s own cameras cannot be viewed in the Alexa app.

But even though I can see the live view on the others, I have an Alexa routine to show me the view from a V3 with a Cam Plus license on a motion event on our Echo Show device, and the motion event part notifies me of the motion, but when it tries to show the live view, it says that the cam is not responding. even though I can manually see the live view in the Alexa App on my phone.

However, if I verbally tell Alexa on the Echo Show to show me these cameras, including the one in the routine, they all work.

The view from the routine used to work, but since about November or so, it has not been able to show the V3 camera view.

Right now, this seems to me like an Alexa problem, not a Wyze problem.

But I wanted to describe what I have happening, in case this information is useful.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Hopefully support seriously takes a look at the tickets opened + this thread. I have a feeling this won’t be fixed anytime soon considering people have been complaining about this for a year-plus. My suggestion is to return the product and find something else in the meantime. I know bugs/technical difficulties are inevitable for every product, but the response time (or lack of) tells me that this won’t be getting fixed.

Both my Show 5 and 8 won’t connect to my Cam v3
When I try to “show” the camera I get
“the camera isn’t responding”
However, notifications work and I can watch the camera using the Wyze app.
I can also see and play recorded events in the app
I have restarted the camera, the WIFI and both of the shows.
Both shows able to display the camera yesterday and appear to be working except for the camera.
What else can I try?

The only other thing you could try is disable the Skill wait about 15 minutes and then enable it again.

Others also have had luck by renaming the Camera.

1 Like