Alexa control of garage door controller?

I’m unable to get Alexa to recognize and control the GRC. I was on a call with Wyze support for 30 min with no forward motion. I was told that the issue would be escalated and that I’d get and email response. Nope. Anyone using Alexa to check the status of the garage door or - gasp - even controlling the garage door? In the Wyze app, Google is shown as a ‘third party integration’ option, but not Amazon. Adding a new device from the Alexa app fails to find the GDC. I do have other Wyze devices working with Alexa and have the Alexa skill successfully installed. (For example, I get notifications for 'person detected at camera so-and-so). Any advice?

@giorgitd
I am sorry it has taken me so long to see your post.

Were you able to get this working? Did you ever hear back from support? If the answers to those are no, can you give me the ticket number they gave you and I will see what I can find out.

1 Like

@WyzeJasonJ I have not heard back, At the end of phone support, i asked for a ticket and was told ‘we’ll email you soon’. That did not happen, as far as I can tell, so no support and no ticket. Can we start from the beginning…?

1 Like

@giorgitd
With it being after hours the best way to start a ticket now would probably be to go here, and create a ticket. Otherwise you could try calling again in the morning and start a ticket that way.

1 Like

Any updates on this?

1 Like