About Wyze Robot Vacuum Firmware 1.6.126

I have not heard of one, but would expect something within the next few months or sooner.

Wyze? Any news on release of multi floor for the vacuum? Just got one. On 113. No update available.

I am on the new firmware, and had a network failure night before last. The WRV came back to the party on it;s own with no intervention on my part.

I’m glad that’s good news for you. What do you consider the “new firmware” level to be?
I haven’t had issues like that. My problem was completely removing the device from the network and not being able to add it back to any of my 2.4 GHz networks. The issue was isolated and specific to a new firmware release in my iPhone (SE 2020).

New firmware is the latest beta released a few days ago for the camera, and the iOS phone. I will be installing a new V3 to replace my last V2, using the same name tomorrow… That should prove interesting.

Is Alexa support being added as well with 1.6.126 update?

Offline issues happened casually because of Amazon service unsteady, do not remove your device and just wait for 2 or 3 hours, the WRV will connect itself again.

Alexa is ready to go!

1 Like

Thanks for the advice that might work for some, but the issue was traced to an Apple update affecting at least the SE2020. I was unable to add the WRV for months, not hours. If I’m able to add the WRV with an iPhone 4S, it’s not an AWS issue.

So far been testing the beta .173 since getting it over a month ago, rock solid for the most part. Only a few existing issues I’ve found:

• If robot pauses and goes into sleep mode (turns off motor/sensors), the battery drain is abnormally high (like 1min = 2%). This might not be fixable via Firmware depending the hardware setup and it’s ability to efficiently sleep.

• Robot does not “probe” rooms on the map for certain scenarios. For example, if your layout has a doorway that blocks access to another room, the robot can’t navigate to that other room. On a subsequent clean, if you open the door (closing the other door), the robot won’t attempt to clean this extended area and the map won’t allow you to create it as a cleanable room. See screenshot for example.

• It’s still very finicky in the docking procedure. I’ve had it take multiple dock attempts even though the base is on a hard surface. It’ll dock, drive away, dock, drive away, dock, until it finally sticks.

As an addition to your post, the vacuum will also not renegotiate the map if something is removed. In your example, a door was opened and it assumed it was closed. In my example, we have a large ottoman in the living room, and when it is removed the vacuum continues to follow the outline of the nonexistent ottoman.
The LIDAR should see the obstruction is gone and try to explore the area.

1 Like

I subscribed to beta since a year now, but have 1.6.130 and haven’t received 1.6.173. Any idea if I can ask for a targeted push to my WRV? (Also, I reset the WiFi on WRV today before I realized there was an AWS outage affecting it. :slightly_frowning_face:)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.