About Wyze Robot Vacuum Firmware 1.6.113

wow, Quickmap is awesome! This is so much better than having to wait on the full clean for changes. Just driving through rooms is way faster, genius idea!

1 Like

I agree. I have a sunken living room so ability to have more than one map would be nice.

Not really sure how I feel about Quick Mapping. I find it not very accurate. Best way to map is to run a full house cleaning. It may take a few breaks to recharge but the map will be more accurate.

No matter how I do it I get errors and am unable to create rooms; mainly internal rooms. The mapping sees them as furniture and not rooms so you cannot split them correctly. I feel the application should allow me to creat virtual walls or draw rooms to overcome this limitation. The currently available “no go zone” is limited to square/rectangle that cannot be rotated. Split room only works from certain walls (mostly exterior) and not from what the application thinks is furniture.

Not bad for a gen 1 and def room for improvement. I wish I could sit with the app designer and give them some user stories to help improve the app.

You need rotatable no go zones? Because your furniture is all angled? I put squares over them still at my mom’s house. I found the quick mapping to be awesome, got everything right. I merged a few rooms because my parents house is weird, but other than that it worked awesome.

I need to align the no go zones with the actual area I need blocked. You can only set it parallel to the lines in the map. I need to run them at various angles in the map.

oooh! It looks like all your walls are tilted, which is how my sister’s house was till she moved the base charger. She put the robot base station on the one wall in the mud room where it was at a 45 degree angle to the rest of the house and that had made her map look like yours. You have to put it on a wall OR just the base itself on a wall that is parallel to most of the walls. That’s how it orients the map. That’ll straight up all the other walls, and make the no-go zones more useable.

Tried two walls so far and got same results. One was parallel to front and back of house and current is at 45 degrees to front and back. May need to try others but then the base is in the main rooms of the house versus non used area.

i guess you don’t want to post your total map, but you could at least show the base position and nearby walls, that would help me figure it out. you’ve updated the firmware, and done reset map?

Two base positions I’ve tried. It orients the house the same way with base on both walls. Yes, latest app, firmware and reset map many times.

yes sir, it starts, and matches the angle of that room. That’s what does it. Can’t be on that wall, and actually couldn’t anything in that room because none of will be parallel to the rest of the house. Exact same situation. But then those rooms will angled that you show that it vacuumed. I bet they don’t add the function to rotate the zones, it’s too complicated to program.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.