2.32 app Beta test 6/2/2022

I spent an hour trying to figure out why 2.31 thought 2.32 was still on my phone yesterday. Maybe you should read my last post again. " (I mean the error message is self explanatory) No kidding! I went to settings, Apps, I clicked on Wyze beata then i clicked uninstall. after the 2.31 wouldn’t work. Remember that hour I mentioned in my other post. I tried several different ways to find and delete anything pertaining to Wyze on my phone. Tried to install 2.31 agan.

No Glory.

Update!
I found my problem. Like my dad always says “Don’t overlook the obvious” I had installed the Wyze app in my secure folder a long time ago and I forgot about it. When I would uninstall it through my app settings, it was not removing it from the secure folder. I uninstalled 2.32 from the secure folder then installed 2.31 and the problem was solved. I Honestly was content just waiting for the next Wyze app update to fix the problem . But you guys kept trying to help me out so I kept working on it. Now I’m up and running.

Many Thanks
Sluggo

1 Like

Interesting. Wonder if the secure folder may be causing the other issues with the current build. Could you install as normal install with no secure folder and see if things work?

It won’t work. The current beta app for Android won’t work under Android 10. I gave up trying to resolve under Android 10 and am beta testing under Android 8, 9, 11 and 12.

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know. Wasn’t sure. Interesting it is only or primarily with Android 10

1 Like

I found it rather odd too. I sent a log with link to this topic. I doubt it will be of any use though, but the problem is easily reproduced.

1 Like

My app crashes when attempting to open a camera group.

Log #600641

Galaxy Note 9

Same problem on Moto Z4, Android 10, and tried everything suggested here.

1 Like

I did that and it worked for one day and it started crashing again when trying to access the Lock Bolt. Redid the uninstall/reinstall dance again and it worked for a day or so until it started crashing everytime again. Something’s wrong with this beta.

1 Like

Very possible, others are having issues, I would create a log and post it here as well.

2 Likes

@WyzeAndy @WyzeJasonJ

I know this has been reported in the past, but I want to point out there is still an issue as follows. When you filter the Events list, by person in my case, the results are incorrect. I have images below and submitted an App Log, if that helps:

Android App Log: 605815

The following is an image of an unfiltered Events Page, notice the 4 Person Events.

This is when I tap on Person in the top to filter only on Person. Notice there are only 3 events:

The one filtered out is the Garage v3 at the same time. I suspect the issue has to do with both starting with the name Garage and being at the same time, but not sure. Again, I know this is an issue and I have seen it reported in the past and the issue exists on the latest Beta App.

2 Likes

Also, with the Person filter enabled, you can pull down on the screen to refresh and frequently receive different incorrect or correct results.

2 Likes

Did not try that will have to shortly.

Edit

Just checked no change.

1 Like

This is a dev log submission for beta Wyze app for Android version 2.32.0 (b148). No Wyze Customer Support action is necessary.

Problem Description: Tapping anywhere in the live stream space results in an exception thrown. UI forced back to Home screen.

Android versions affected: 8, 9, 10, 11 (12 not tested)
Viewing device types: Various Android phones and tablets
Viewing device orientation: Both portrait and landscape
Cam types tested:

• Affected: Cam v2, Cam Pan v2, WCO, WCO v2
  • Not affected: Cam v3
  • Not tested: Cam v1, Cam Pan v1, doorbell (all)

Impact: Unable to perform any function that requires touch interaction in the live stream space. E.g., tap zoom, pinch zoom, pan, tilt, resolution settings and recording features in landscape, device/stream info in landscape, etc.

Severity: High

Log ID: 607058

3 Likes

Note that the Wyze app has been changed to severely curtail the amount of text input and attachments for log submissions. This is now the max text allowed:

This is a dev log submission for beta Wyze app for Android version 2.32.0 (b148). No Wyze Customer Support action is necessary.

Problem Description: Tapping anywhere in the live stream space results in an exception thrown. UI forced back to Home screen.

Android versions affected: 8, 9, 10, 11 (12 not tested)
Viewing device types: Various Android phones and tablets
Viewing device orientation: B

I’m not sure why this change was implemented, but it is very counterproductive. If you are encountering issues with spam submissions, curtailing valid input is not the solution. The only workaround for log submissions is to link back to a forum post that conveys full details.

2 Likes

I have the issue with trying to connect to bluetooth devices. (band, watch & scale) Trying band & watch give “couldn’t connect”/“connection failed” errors, trying to connect to scale shows “loading” message for a second or two, then black screen then the home screen (i’m assuming that’s the app crashing/re-starting)
Tried uninstalling/reset/reinstalling, but no change.

That does seem like the app. I would create a log and post it here for Wyze.

Thank you for posting this issue. Does this also happen on the 2.32.0 (b150) build?

2 Likes

No problem. :+1: Yes, it’s a problem in b150.

Hi Seapup,

Can you repro this issue on RC build 2.32.0.b150?

Let us know if you have trouble controlling the camera.

1 Like