2.10+ beta App Release - 4/27/2020

Hi Beta testers,

Today we have 2.10+ beta app to test. Here is the release note.

App version:

iOS: 2.10.70(2)

Android: 2.10.41

What’s new:

• Added support for the Emergency Button (beta)

• Improved Wyze Lock geofencing

• Improved UI for Wyze Band and Scale

• Bug fixes

Suggest test area:

• Emergency Button

• Auto-unlock for Wyze Lock

• iOS camera connectivity

Here is the introduction for Emergency Button (beta):

With this version, we are introducing a new feature called Emergency Button. This new feature is allowing you to reach out to a monitoring center in case you are experiencing an emergency and need first responder team dispatch at the address specified.

The new service called Emergency Button would allow you to define different locations through an address and assign devices to that location.

On each of the devices marked, an extra button will show up at the top that would allow creating an alert when an emergency arises. Creating an alert in the app will start the emergency process with our monitoring center. The registered phone for the account will then be contacted via SMS to assess the emergency and dispatch the proper services (police, fire department or EMS).

The user has the ability to cancel the alert through SMS or directly through the app by pushing the cancel button on the alert. A pin number, chosen at setup time, will be required for the cancellation.

The version that we will make available to you for testing will work against a “sandbox” environment. This means that the alert will be created and you will be receiving an SMS but the process will stop there. You will not be put in contact to the actual monitoring center. This means three very important points:

1 - Do NOT use that feature for real emergency!

2 - You can create as many alerts as you want without having the police dispatch at the location(s) that you use.

3 - You must cancel the alert yourself.

As part of the testing, you should try to map your scenario but we would like you to also create a second or third location to see how the emergency services work in the case of a shared device that is in a location that has enrolled for an emergency.

In order for the service to operate, we are collecting more information than usual and will be updating the Terms of Service and Privacy Policy before the release. We are also passing some information to our partner, Noonlight, who is providing the monitoring center and personnel. Here is the information that we are collecting, storing, and passing:

Information collected from the user and stored by Wyze

We are collecting the address of every location and the devices that are present at that location. If the user has not enabled 2FA, we will also be collecting a phone number and if the phone number is able to receive SMS.

When the user is creating an alert, we are collecting their location, IP address, and phone identification.

Information passed to Noonlight

Outside of an alert, no information is passed to Noonlight. They are not aware of the existence of the user. The registration to the service is fully handled by Wyze.

When an alert is triggered, the call to Noonlight is performed. We are passing the following information as part of the call:

User Id, the US Address of the location the device is associated with, the GPS coordinate of the address, the phone number of the user that is registered with the account and has been confirmed at the beginning of enrollment to the HES service, and the pin code that has been set for canceling an emergency call.

In the case of an event being the source of an alarm (the user pushed the button from the event page), then all the information about the event will be pushed. This includes the type of device, the time of the event, and the nature of the event.

If you have any emergency button question please ping [Frederik Delacourt], he is our emergency button PM. Thanks!

3 Likes

Hello there!! Just to confirm before I start testing this that when I activate the emerge button it will NOT send the police to my house for testing purposes. This is only going to send me a text message correct?

Thanks for making this cool feature by the way!! How much per month after beta testing is over?

Thanks!

1 Like

Feedback for the emergency button: I think that when you go to cancel the alarm the powered by Noonlight needs to be moved. It blocks the 0 when attempting to cancel the alarm.

During testing it works very well. Tried initiating it while in a live view and while viewing previously recorded footage. Works great! I got the text message both times within 5 seconds. You need to add the emergency button when you are viewing a live stream in full screen mode.

Thanks!!

1 Like

Updated the Beta App to v2.10.41 and there is no emergency button. Not seeing this new feature at all. Uninstalled/reinstalled app and it didn’t change anything.

It’s off the Wyze Services menu under the Account tab.

2 Likes

I looked under Wyze Services. I even looked in the kitchen cabinets and still didn’t find it. :laughing:

1 Like

I know this is US only service. Will is roll out next month?

Honestly, I’m not sure.

I know on ios the Emergency button did not show up until the release that came today. It’s 2.10.70 for iOS.

1 Like

I’ll check it again tomorrow maybe it will turnip. I mean show up.

2 Likes

Further to my last post. The Emergency button is slow to actually show up when I open the screen. The entries for CMC and Person Detection are instantaneous, but the emergency button entry follows by a second or two before it draws. Maybe the Beta in Android is slower to provision?

Same with IOS. If I am live streaming it is instant but… if I am watching recorded footage it take a few seconds to appear. Not a huge issue for me.

Could be an Android thing.

1 Like

I do want mention that the powered by noonlight is blocking the zero on the cancel alarm page as mentioned earlier in topic: Feedback for the emergency button: I think that when you go to cancel the alarm the powered by Noonlight needs to be moved. It blocks the 0 when attempting to cancel the alarm.

During testing it works very well. Tried initiating it while in a live view and while viewing previously recorded footage. Works great! I got the text message both times within 5 seconds. You need to add the emergency button when you are viewing a live stream in full screen mode.

It is the same on IOS for me…

Android or IOS? I have it on my iPhone 8. Got the notification from TestFlight today that Wyze has launched a new test app.

1 Like

I’m running the Android Beta app.

Ok that’s weird that you did not get the emergency button! Hopefully you will see it soon. I just tested all my cameras with the emergency button feature and they all worked great!

1 Like

Wyze I would recommend maybe down the road adding emergency button support when viewing multiple cameras at one time. If you are live streaming multiple cameras at once and see something, you probably don’t want to click the on one camera you saw something on to initiate an emergency.

1 Like

Not during the beta. You create an alert, no police, fireman or EMS will be dispatched.

Once the service is NOT in Beta and that won’t happen until the app is officially released to the general public, creating an alarm will go first to a monitoring center where a real person will handle the alarm and confirm with you the emergency. Once confirmed then the proper first responder team will be dispatched.

1 Like