Wyzecam folders on my phone?

im using an android phone… and EVERY day, there are 3 folders on my phone… video, alarm and cam. as of right now there are 8 videos in the video folder, 107 pics in the alarm folder, and 1 video in the cam folder.

i delete them every day yet there are more the next day. i figure this is all being saved on the sd card and in the cloud storage. so if i need them i can download what i need as i need.

what are these and how do i get it to stop?

Your phone is using those to show you the video and images. Streaming the items still downloads them to your phone. They are probably deletable with a cache clear or similar.

1 Like

oohhh, so when i get an alert, if i view that video in app it automatically downloads it? what about the 137 images on my phone as of now? i dont view every image…

I believe those are the thumbnail updates. Last I checked the thumbnail updates every second time you view the live feed so it should be downloading that image each time. The video you are reviewing isn’t the live feed so it downloads it to view it.

The thumbs are from notification feed. “Everybody” asked for thumbnails for alerts instead of just cam name. So now when you open the app, click on notifications it downloads a thumbnail for each of the notifications. If you scroll through the notification list,you’ll get more thumbs downloaded.

The Wyze iOS app has similar behavior. At present, the app is consuming 168 MB of data storage on my iPhone. I haven’t figured out how/when the app decides to purge the various videos, photos, and thumbnails it has stored on the iPhone.

1 Like

I would like to turn this feature off if possible…

1 Like

What? Where are these files of which you speak on your iphone? I’ve been reading about alarms that are stored somewhere on the iPhone? Supposedly the alarms are stored when motion is detected during the 5 minute cool down period between each recorded event. Where are they?

Three folders on your android phone? Video, alarm, and cam? Further along this thread someone says it stored similar files on the iPhone? I have an iPhone 7. I can’t find any such files. Where are they?

@rsockey
On iOS, go to Settings/General/iPhone Storage.
Wait for the list to populate, then you’ll see how much of the iPhone’s memory each app is using. At present, my Wyze app is consuming over 300 MB. About 50MB of the 300 is the app itself; the remainder is Wyze files and folders.

If you want to examine the files and folders, you can use a 3rd party utility, such as iMazing. Here’s a listing of what the Wyze app has squirrelled away on my iPhone.