Wyze Wired Doorbell Firmware Beta Test 3/17/2022

Can you post the Log and Ticket number here as well?

From an outside chance, have you rebooted your router and what type of router are you using? I had issues with the TPLink Mesh Routers. But my ASUS Mesh runs great… I probably just jinxed myself :slight_smile:

Also, Have you gone into the App and clear cache? Go to Account. App settings, clear Cache.

In iOS you can also go to Settings, General, iPhone Storage, tap on the Wyze App and choose offload App. This will clear resources being used.

After that, you can back out and restart the phone. when the phone comes back up, click on the app and it will go through the process of starting up the app again. I have done this on a few occasions when I was testing. The only item to note is the camera thumbnails will be gone until the Live Stream is started again.

Something additional to try.

I submitted the log (ID 493555 and 493840) and then had a chat session followed by several back and forth emails with Marjorie. This resulted in the doorbell being replaced by Wyze. I received the doorbell, it worked great! UNTIL I updated the firmware and I ended up back in the same place as before. That is when I replaced the doorbell with another one and did not update the firmware. Fingers crossed it has been running great for 2 weeks.

I have rebooted the router multiple times. I have a Netgear Nighthawk which has been just awesome.

Thanks for the info regarding the Clear Cache and Offload App features. ! I was not aware of those. I will keep those in mind the next time I have issues. However, for now with the lower firmware, I have been running perfectly fine. I think this helps prove, given the 3 doorbells I have used over the last month, there is a firmware issue given the lower firmware (4.25.0.267) has not given me any Live stream issues. I do not get notifications on my Apple Watch from the doorbell (all other cameras work fine). They do come through to my phone, just not my watch. However, I will take that over the live stream issues any day.

1 Like

When you worked with Marjorie, did they give you a ticket number?

Yea, I don’t think it is a doorbell issue. If the current FW works, I would stay on that as well. Can’t help with the watch as I don’t have one. @R.Good , do you have an Apple Watch and get alerts from the Doorbell? Not the VDBP

I do have an apple watch, Series 7.
I do not get notifications for the Wyze Video Doorbell or the Wyze Video Doorbell Pro on the Apple Watch.

Did a quick look and do not see a way to get notifications on the Apple watch for either Doorbells. If I get a little time I will dig a little deeper, but I am not sure if this is a capability today.

1 Like

I don’t have a ticket number… The current FW works great outside of the watch issue. It is an Apple Watch. It gets alerts to the watch for all other cameras but the doorbell. That one only goes to the phone and it not relayed to the watch. I can live with that until the connection issues are fixed.

1 Like

Newer versions of the FW for the doorbell were providing me notifications to the Apple Watch, but I would get the Live Video connection issues. But I was getting notifications properly to both phone and watch with the newer firmware.

Sorry… I was looking at doorbell presses, was the action camera event notifications?

I can re-test.

Thanks and yeah, I saw other threads about how to rollback on the other cams but not the doorbell unfortunately. Oh well, I guess it is what it is till Wyze figures it out. I just put one of my other cams in the window for a temp solution.

Cheers!

I also have the same issue with my doorbell not connecting past step 3. Issue started after the latest firmware release.
I see the same version was also in beta with the same issues as I am experiencing.
It’s not good customer service to release buggy firmware to the general public. I am disappointed and also waiting for a fix.
Odly though, I have two doorbells and only one doesn’t work.

I noticed the doorbell connected properly at night. So just tried manually switching night mode on an off and the camera connected during night mode on and failed to connect when switched to night mode off.

Go figure… perhaps someone else could experiment.

I had mentioned my buddy who I helped install his Wyze doorbell was having issues with very delayed Live Video connections. He has the same NightHawk router I do. He just processed a new firmware update on the router and his Live Video is now instantaneous… I have already replaced my doorbell and am running a version of firmware lower than current production. I updated my router as well, but can’t bring myself to update the firmware on the doorbell, for fear of going back to where I started.

Don’t update. Still doesn’t work.

Don’t update. Can’t update:

Latest FW update is in Beta:

Highly suggest following the beta thread reports and the production release thread when it comes out to monitor for positive\negative feedback BEFORE you make your decision to update.

Well someone had to be the Guinea pig.

I will take your advice moving forward.

1 Like

Thank you for the heads up. I’m glad to see they are trying to address the issue. I wish they would have at least told us they were working on it rather than having no response to our thread regarding the problem.

I thought I had it working but it’s inconsistent and still fails.

Most update status communication on firmware will be pushed out on the thread that announced the release of that version. Gwen updated on that thread on 4\8. I have found it useful to follow (watching) any thread announcing the the release of FW that I intend to download

Im the same as most. Stops on step 3 of 3. Didnt ha e any issues prior to the last firmware. Router is direct line of site 30 feet away…

1 Like

Have you tried going into settings and doing a restart of the doorbell? After I did that, I had no issues. I make it a habit to restart devices and clear cache wen new FW updates are released.

Looks like a new FW was released 4.25.1.060. Has anyone tried this and has it helped? I am installing it now and will report back.