Wyze Webview Beta Now Available! - 11/23/21

Thanks Wyze!!

Is it going to be available for the outdoor cameras?

5 Likes

Don’t forget everyone this is a beta test not a finished product :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Does not work on all camera except outdoor
I just get spinning circle after clicking play.

On the 2 outdoor cams I get a firmware update is needed . But the cameras are on the latest firmware already .

If I click the more info link it tells me I need cam plus . They already have cam plus .
I have unlimited plain .

Compete fail so far .

3 Likes

Well after some testing it seems WebView is not working in Firefox mobile on Android .
I have Firefox version 94.1.2

Hope you fix . I never use chrome.
I noticed chrome prompted for some permissions to make it work .

So I’m guessing that’s your problem with Firefox is some type of permissions problem as it never prompted for anything .

2 Likes

Jimmy from Wyze™ Yesterday at 7:15 PM

WCO is not supported for Web View at all regardless of firmware - we’re not planning to support battery-operated cameras as disrupting their deep sleep can tremendously affect their battery longevity.

12 Likes

Been looking forward to this, and am about to test, but apparently, I have neglected to update my cams lately so I guess I’ll just wish Gwendolyn Happy Thanksgiving while I slyly hit Update a few times. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

As others stated, the doorbell isn’t currently supported for live view. However you can see the doorbell event videos. All of mine are rotated 90 degrees counter-clockwise

2 Likes

It works for me, but my wife is unable to view the cameras. It seems like only the named account holder for CamPlus has access, and not trusted family members who have been granted access through sharing.

Hopefully this will be resolved when the feature goes public, since I don’t want to hand out my Wyze credentials.

5 Likes

Working on this end as expected. Can now use my secondary monitor as I’ve been wanting to do since day one. Thanks!

2 Likes

I really wish you would support live stream for the battery powered cameras too. I get that it could affect battery longevity but personally I am okay with that. I doubt that I will be sitting in my office all day watching the live feed of my outdoor camera anyway.

4 Likes

This is an awesome first step toward a full-featured app. To see my camera views full screen on my MacBook Pro is tremendous. My vision isn’t the best and this is very helpful. I encourage you to give this very high priority.

1 Like

Thanks @UserCustomerGwen! I posted some initial observations in another thread: https://forums.wyze.com/t/your-thoughts-on-wyze-webview-beta-so-far/203444/9?u=ttaylorg1

Mine does not work. 11 Cam Plus cameras. All accessible fine from app. Severn V3’s on yesterday’s firmware update, and working. Logged in to beta site, see blocks representing all cameras. Click on any and pretty circle just spins. No view no matter how long I wait.

4 Likes

Is it possible to update the message in the UI then as right now it reports the cameras and just tells you a firmware update is needed? Thanks

This won’t work on my Wyze Cam Outdoor even though it is using Cam Plus.

1 Like

Jimmy from Wyze™ Yesterday at 7:15 PM

WCO is not supported for Web View at all regardless of firmware - we’re not planning to support battery-operated cameras as disrupting their deep sleep can tremendously affect their battery longevity.

2 Likes

I’m fine with that on WCO as I can still see recorded events via this Webview.

2 Likes

thanks for offering this beta! Some observations:

1. Doesn’t work through my firewall (Surfshark), even though I added wyze.com to the whitelist. Gives the adblocker error for captcha.Tried multiple browsers, disabled adblock where present, but only way I could connect is by turning off the firewall

2. I see someone posted that doorbells aren’t supported - here is what I experience with my doorbell (not plus):
    a. I see a play button in the liveview box showing a view of my doorbell with yesterday’s timestamp, but play never loads
    b. I can view and play events, but the last 12 hours of events don’t show up

3. When I find my CAM2 I will update the firmware and test that. Need to find that before my Wyze Car gets here!

wow your outdoor cams get to sleep ?
Mine records almost all day. living in the country there is always a critter somewhere setting it off …