Wyze Video Doorbell Firmware Beta Test 7/12/2021

Version: 4.25.0. 265

WHAT’S NEW:

• Updated the image sensor driver
4 Likes

Just updated the driver. Can you elaborate on what benefits we can get from the updated Image Sensor Driver?

Also, update installed with no issue. Had to do a restart of the doorbell from the app. Did this as the image was Black - no picture. The KB/s went to 0. Restarted the doorbell corrected this.

Also note: The connection time seems to be a bit longer for step 1. Steps 2 and 3 are relatively instantaneous.

2 Likes

Is there any timeline for the 2K update?

My guess is they will put a starlight sensor in it first, but I don’t think that has started either due to the chip shortages.

The current doorbell sensor does support 2k we had it for a time during beta testing. I thought they said it would be added, I’m surprised it has taken this long.

3 Likes

I don’t know about the doorbell, but I saw something like ‘max’ on the V3, but it was no different than 1080, so they dropped it. I’ve never seen a 2560x1440 resolution on any Wyze device, personally.

" Future OTA: [2K] 1536 x 2046"

3 Likes

4 Likes

Interesting. So they show it as 2k now, but when I save a picture or clip it is 1296 × 1728 pixels. Not quite 2k, even the 2048 version of 2k. But more than 1080. So my thought is they already think a 2k sensor is in there, but why no actual 2k resolution?

The software doesn’t support 2k yet. Hopefully they will add support eventually

3 Likes

I wonder what that means too… I’m probably not going to update if it doesn’t really do much.

1 Like

I updated and other than the initial issue with having to reboot the VDB, I don’t see any real difference. Hoping they will answer.

2 Likes

I checked the resolution, and it is the same before & after. So I am also curious.

Sort of like saying “bug fix”, lol. Too generic.

3 Likes

Not sure if it’s from the update or not but the quick responses are not working on my video doorbell.

3 Likes

Good catch. I can confirm quick responses are not working on mine after update to 4.25.0.265 either. :frowning:

1 Like

So I guess that needs to be added to “What’s new” :wink:…I will hold off on updating then!

2 Likes

Same here. No quick responses working after the latest update.** Also, resolution options are unchanged. Bad update?

1 Like

It seems like videos are uploading to the cloud more reliably now. Haven’t had a video fail to upload in a couple of days.

1 Like

Not sure if this is for the beta firmware, but I have the latest firmware on my doorbell and Quick Responses isn’t working here either.

1 Like