Wyze V2 Connection Fails

OK, yours is a little different then mine. The Extract is on top. With the file highlighted (as it is in your display) click on the Extract button.

You can extract that file to your uSD card but still has to be renamed.

1 Like

Here is what I see when I click on Extract,

1 Like

What should I type in the “copy to” area?

OK, try that. It should copy the extracted file to your Downloads folder.

1 Like

OK, I did that. Now what? I’m starting to think that I should just buy another camera at this point. :frowning:

2 Likes

You are so close, don’t give up yet! :slightly_smiling_face:
Does your Downloads folder have both the zip folder -and- the demo_4.9.6.218 file now ?

4 Likes

I can’t find it in my downloads folder. There is nothing recent in there at all.

Nothing in your C:\Users\Sue\Downloads\ folder? That is were you extracted the file.

1 Like

OK, I found it! I was in my documents/downloads. I have the demo_4.9.6.218 file in there now.

1 Like

OK, we need that file. Right click on it and very carefully remove the underscore _4.9.6.218
part of the file name. It should just be “demo”

(you can’t see the .bin extension of the file but it is there)

2 Likes

Just wanted to pop in and say great work @dr.know and @Pupmom working this out. Great to watch! :slight_smile:

tenor (7)

5 Likes

Here is what happens when I remove the _. It won’t let me edit it.

OK, looks like it was extracted to Yesterday just below the one you tried to rename.
The file that ends in .bin is the one to rename.

A lot of people make this mistake or accidently rename the file to demo.bin.bin :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

That’s so weird, because I didn’t do anything yesterday. OK, I edited that one and removed the_ What is next?

1 Like

Did you remove the numbers and periods, too? It shoud be demo.bin
Send a pix of the file properties when you’re done.

2 Likes

Is this right?

2 Likes

It looks right but the date is yesterday. Can you right click and choose Properties?
The file size should be 10,817 KB

Nice dog! :dog2:

2 Likes

There are actually 3 dogs there. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks good to me. Copy this file to your micro SD card. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like