Wyze Thermostat with C-Wire Adapter turning AC compressor on when heat goes on

Whenever I first hooked up my thermostat (which required the c-wire adapter) the AC compressor would turn on whenever the heat turned on. I was able to locate the wire that controlled the ac compressor and disconnected it since it was/is winter here and AC was not critical. Now the weather is starting to turn and I need to get the AC working. The blue wire on the right in the attached photo is what I disconnected. Everything was hooked up exactly as it was before

Is your Hvac system a conventional or o/b (heat pump) ?

Because I made the mistake of thinking my system was convention and it was actually O/B (heat pump). It was causing the same thing to happen - wanted the heat, ac would pop on, wanted it colder it turned the heat on.

My solve was the wire I labeled as W was actually an O/B - my Honeywell unit made it look like it was W, go figure.

This video helped me solve this mix up.

Pretty sure it’s a conventional gas furnace. Before the Wyze Thermostat the AC would not come in when the heat ran. Just the gas furnace and the air handler.

do u have only 1 wire per terminal on the C wire adapter? Only 1 wire should be on each terminal on the adapter…post more pix

1 Like

Your Y wire that goes to the outside unit is likely plugged into the wyze adapter, not into the Y terminal on your furnace, Show a wider image, including the adapter and the actual thermostat wire bundles

I’m having the same issue

stick with your 1 thread, trying to reply to you in multiple places isn’t going to help.

!

additional wire connections outside of the actual furnace.

Thermostat wiring (per Wyze app setup instructions)

The AC compressor needs to be directly connected to the furnace board, not to the C adapter.
Take the white wire out of this wirenut and run an additional wire inside the furnace to it that goes to Y on the furnace. Reattach the light blue wire to C on your furnace.

Leave the humidifier where it is, didn’t need to draw it in.

2 Likes

Thanks speadie. That did the trick.

1 Like