Wyze Thermostat stuck at 32°

As you can see from the pic above no matter what temp you pick, it says it’ll reach that temp in less than a min. It’s definitely an internal issue.

As for the mode, like I said in the initial post, going into controls and changing the mode only lasts for about a second before it defaults back to “off” all by itself. Trust me I’ve tried about 100 times to get it to stay on auto, heat, or cool. No matter what it just switches back to off.

After calling Wyze support (844-999-3226 ) they did explain that it’s an issue internally that they know about. And also due to fragile components on the inside of the device, things can get knocked loose during shipping.

I received my replacement device after about two weeks of waiting and I just hooked it up. So far so good. Everything is working as it should. And as you can see from the picture below, its actually saying the right time to temperature.

So since this is a very precise internal issue, I would definitely recommend calling Wyze directly, rather than email. They were awesome about sending out a replacement with minimal questions.

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

I bought three of these thermostats, two for my home and one for my daughter’s place.

Although I have some HVAC knowledge, the installation did not go well and I called an HVAC contractor. Yes, I had the 32 degree also on just the first one.

He could not get the 32 degree unit to work so we tried another one. That one he was able to get to work, but the supposed wiring instructions given in the installation were wrong. He was able to figure out the Wyze error and installed a jumper wire on the unit to make it work. He installed the second one in our home using what he learned from the first unit. Final cost: $112.

I will be sending back the defective 32 degree one.

Thanks for this tip. Curious - which connections did he jumper? Can you post a photo?

Honestly, I started writing them down and he tried about 4-5 configurations before he got it to work. I got lost. Each time took a bit because I had to reset the thermostat and then go back through the setup. He was super helpful and nice.

I will take a pic of the thermostat backplate wiring and will also see what he jumpered in the unit itself.

My Wyze thermostat started the 32 degrees display tonight and also won’t ever stay on longer than 5 seconds or so when I force it via the app. I have deleted it and tried re-installing via the app 5 times, same symptoms. There is no answer from Wyze (I guess because it’s the weekend) and it’s supposed to get to 30 degrees tonight. I guess I had better get out some blankets. This is ridiculous.

You’re probably gonna have to run the test mode for heat manually to get it to stay on till you can get a replacement. That’s what we had to do and it sucked…

Hi sco,
I am sorry for your experience. Did this “32F” behavior occur while your installation or after a while?
THank you

After a few weeks of use.

My installation didn’t go well either but that has to do with the wiring of my home… 284 bucks later a contractor got it installed but all I’m seeing is that 32 degrees no matter how I do the settings. I’m going to have to call for a replacement

Hi sorry for the experience. We will replace all the “32 degree” devices. It is caused by dropping during shipment. We are improving our packaging and internal structure to avoid this problem. thank you.

Thanks for the info, I just called to get a replacement sent out.

So gang. I had an issue where mine was working on heat but blowing fuses when AC turned on. I hired an HVAC tech, then another.
It was all hooked up correctly. I asked, “do you think I have a bad unit”? He said it was possible. I had a second unit in the box and pulled out the adapter. We noticed that the wires were labeled wrong from the factory.
The grey C wire was marked as W.
We hooked the new correctly labeled one and all the tests works. About 15 minutes later after a software update, now it’s stuck on 32 degrees. I’m not sure if any of this helps but it sucks that I had to hire two HVAC techs before we figured out that A: we had an adapter that was labeled wrong from the factory and now B: bad unit. :frowning:

One of mine also died after the most recent update. I emailed support.

Over a week later, I received a reply to reset the unit and a few other ‘check the wires’ tips. ALL of that had been done and stated in the original email.

On top of that, I’m in a location where heating is not just a convenience, but necessary for survival. This means, if it doesn’t work, I have to uninstall the face plate and then reinstall the old plate. That’s not just a 5 minute task. Frustrating.

So of the three I purchased (two for our house, one for daughter’s house), only one has worked from the get-go.

Hello,
I’m experiencing the same issue with the thermostate stuck at 32. I’ve reset it and tried reintalling it several times with a fresh start but after it’s setup and connected the only internal temperature it shows is 32.

Contact support- IIRC, this is caused by bad solder joints on the temperature sensor, so they will need to send you a new thermostat.