Wyze Thermostat Problem - Heat and Air are mixed up using recommended wiring

Yes I have a heat pump. At install I was never asked that question. All it asked is was it electric gas etc. mine is electric

Electric is the Heat Pump option.

Same here Joe but I do see the swap heat and cool. Is your wyze app up to date

Great. So I just need to figure out why I don’t have the swap option. Does anyone know if the support techs have this information and are working with development or engineering to understand why this swap option is not in my settings?

Tap on “Controls” at the bottom of your Wyze app when viewing your temps, then take a screenshot and upload it here.

See attached.

That looks like the Controls and Settings for a Furnace, not Heat Pump.

How or what do I select except electric

And how did you figure that out from my picture. I would like to understand when I change something where it will be reflected. Thx

During setup it asks what type of system you have, Electric, Gas, etc. What is the model of your indoor and outdoor unit?

I installed mine and app turned on the swap heat and cool. I had to go in and turn it off to get it to work right.

Everest elite series. Has unit outside and air handler inside

I have been having the same problem. I went from Honeywell thermostats to WYZE and they are running backwards with the heat being cold and AC being heat. I have the app on my iPhone and there is no “Swap Heat and Cool” toggle (I have app update 1.1.1). I have talked to customer service by phone and they have yet to give me an answer (that was 3 days ago). I also tried to rewire the thermostat using the “heat pump” letters (below wires) from the Honeywell thermostat instead of “conventional” (above wires) and it is also not working. I am not sure what to do; if I had the “Swap Heat and Cool” option that may work but it is not on my app!

1 Like

@joebruhn Can you provide me with the model numbers?

Under advanced.

Here is my app: see no “swap heat and cool” option (this is app firmware 1.1.1 on iPhone).

See attached. image0.jpegimage1.jpeg

Joe

See attached

I had the same problem. I switched the orange wire from W1 to O/B and it fixed the problem. Also the option to swap heat and cool appeared on the app.

@goethe3 I have a similar situation. The old thermostat is a Honeywell with wiring similar to yours. I made the same mistake in labeling the wiring at first. After correcting the wiring did you then do a reset on the thermostat, delete the thermostat from the app, and then start the install process again, using the corrected wiring? Once I did all that everything worked as it should.

1 Like