Wyze Thermostat not powering up

If the wire is connected to the thermostat but not connected on the furnace, it may have been left off. Is it in the same sleeve of wires as the thermostat?

I had the same result. I fixed it now. My blue wire, C, was not connected at the furnace. I reconnected it and reinstalled the Wyze thermostat and it’s working like a champ.

4 Likes

I would assume that is correct, is there a C wire spot on the furnace to hook that up to, otherwise you should use the adapter.

I ended up hooking up the c wire adapter at the furnace and now it works.

Yes, this is the problem. It should be clearer that the g wire now goes to c.

1 Like

My C wire is connected at furnace and I do get 24V through my red to C circuit and still no power to thermostat. Can anyone verify that they had received a DOA unit? I purchased a 24 power source but have not received it yet from Amazon to try and find if unit is DOA.

1 Like

Sorry if I missed it, but are you using the C-Wire Adapter? Or do you have a C running from the Furnace to the Thermostat?

No adapter C from furnace to thermostat.

Interesting…

R to C and you’re getting 24V but no power to the thermostat? Photos available?

Correct Rh ( red) to C (blue) 24V on multimeter – removed jumper and attached corresponding wires to appropriate spots on Wyze stat and unit does not power on - no pics of Wyze but old stat -

Forgive me for asking, I see the blue wire C is not stripped. I’m assuming you cut it since the old stat doesn’t use it? I’m just confirming what I see.

Correct it is stripped and inserted in Wyze to locked position.

You should have 2 C wires connected at your furnace, one for the thermostat and one for your A/C outside to the contactor. Do you have a photo of your furnace board?

1 Like

I do not have that picture currently not at home - but you are correct - so the red wire ( goes to A/C ) and the blue wire ( C ) are attached at transformer - labeled C.

1 Like

Hey all,

Sorry for the back story…

I had the same problem. I have 5 zone(5 thermostats) low voltage baseboard heat and two zone(2 thermostat) ac system.total of 7 thermostats lol

I just tried to install one wyze thermostat on one heat zone for now.

My old fashion mercury thermostat only has a two wire Rh and W. Needed a C. The wire that was used for all thermostats in the house for heat is an 18/3 so left over green wire is not in use .

Connected the Rh to Rh on the Wyze, connected W to the W1 on the wyze. Then connected the green wire from my the transformer in the boiler room(opposite leg from RH). And connected it to c on wyze.
It did not work/ did not turn on.

After trying everything else I looked again and Realized in the video and tutorial that they want you to connect RH TO RC. it was not clear enough for me.

Once I made the change it worked

OK so you are saying no power when hooked to Rh but switched your Rh ( which mine was labeled and hooked up to on Wyze ) to Rc and then you had power?

Yes. But you also need to make sure you have 24 volts at C wire as well. Did you connect your c wire? What does it connect to at your furnace? If it’s not connected it should connect to the “other leg” of the voltage supply. Meaning not on the same leg of the R(RC) but the leg of the W(W1).

If you have a multimeter… you can switch it to A/C voltage and put the leads to R(Rc) and C and you should have 24 volts.
Sorry I can only add one picture per post :frowning:

Thanks for the help I do have 24V, but I was hooked up to Rh and I went back and watched the tutorial I see it states if you have Rh to label it at Rc and hook it up to Rc on Wyze. I am not home to try but if Wyze is monitoring the area, could that be the issue.

I hope they are monitoring the chat. It’s interesting because I was thinking to consolidate and use one thermostat for the wall that has a heater thermostat and ac thermostat. But since they use two transformers and use RH and RC I am thinking it will not work.

Let me know how it’s working.

I mentioned it’s turning on for me now. But I am still having another issue. When it tries to kick on the heat I believe since RH is empty it’s causing the Wyze thermostat to restart since it’s not connecting the RH to W. I will report back with my fix. I pic stitched all my pics to get around the 1 pic per post Lol

1 Like

Easiest thing I did was take the red wire and move it from Rh to Rc and then everything turned on