Wyze Switch Functionality to Add

Just bought 4 Wall Switches and got them wired in and they work great, but these are some of the things I noticed I couldn’t do, or figure out how to do.

Background: I have a barn with two giant down lights over the doors, One is controlled by a Wyze plug and the other by a Wyze Switch. My houses outside lights are controlled on two separate Wyze Switches (Front door light, garage outside lights) and my detached garage also has a Wyze switch controlling 3 outside wall lights.

First thing I’d like to do is be able to double click one of the switches and turn all the lights and plugs on or off. I couldn’t find how to do that so instead I had to create a shortcut that turns the 4 switches and one plug on, then another that turns them all off.

I wanted to be able to create a group in the app of the 4 switches and one plug and be able to turn them all on or off, but couldnt do that either.

Right now I have them all on schedules to turn on at sunset and off at sunrise. I love this feature because before I just left all those lights on all day.

TLDR: Groups of mixed products that have same features (ON/OFF), double/triple click can control groups.

1 Like

These are good suggestions. I would make this a Wish Item so we can vote on it. if you do, make sure you vote for it yourself.

2 Likes

If I was I that wanted this flexiblity - today vice waiting on Wyze to add it, I would buy one Echo Dot ($15-$30) and create a routine that does what you ask with a voice command.

And if you dislike only having a voice command, & you don’t mind spending a little more money, you can look at the Flic buttons device. I use these all over the house. Two buttons perform 16 on/off functions for end of day and morning startups.

2 Likes